Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Hi,

I'm trying to boot my Hackintosh download, but I seem to run into a few problems.

The partition creation went fine, but when I boot up the disk with my pc and select my USB drive, the only bootable disc that shows up is not one for apple, but one for windows. When I boot it, it runs my computer as if I started it normally. Is there any fix for this?

Best regards,
Jimmy

Try:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=51293&p=318842

Post #2

That seems to have worked for me.

I have managed to boot form the USB and install Mountain Lion, but when i reboot form the UBS and try to boot into my new mountain lion installation i get the following error "mach-0 file has bad magic number" and it keeps bringing me back to the boot screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Abbas

No Luck with Alienware Aurora R4.

Under Legacy Bios setting:
1. Boot
2. Select boot USB
3. Black Screen

Bios with UEFI Setting:
1. Boot
2. Select boot USB
3. Gets kicked to bios setup screen

my mouse and keyboard are not working :(i tay every type :(

Help me :( i cant install Moution Lion :(

I've got mountain lion up and running and everything seems to work fine except that I can't login to the app store. I keep getting "an unknown error has occurred". I've tried everything like deleting networkinterfaces.plist thing and even messed around with the smbios serial number but I'm still stuck. The networkinterfaces.plist fix worked for me in lion so the app store worked fine but nothing is working in ml. Any ideas?

Hi
I do all steps but i can't boot normally it's freeze on apple logo so i must boot in safe mode it's work .
did any body have same REG and just tell me what option can choose in multibeast ?
i try to choose same as picture above in guide :

user dsdt
audio : ALC889

My reg:
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Mobo: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 (Bios F6)
GPU: nvidia 460 1GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Mouse and keyboard : original mac

Hi there, would anybody know why whenever I run Unibeast-Lion and run through the installer all it places on my USB drive are three folders, (Library, tmp, usr). I partitioned correctly and placed the Install Mac OS X Lion.app in the applications folder, but it just doesn't copy any other files to the USB.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I've got mountain lion up and running and everything seems to work fine except that I can't login to the app store. I keep getting "an unknown error has occurred". I've tried everything like deleting networkinterfaces.plist thing and even messed around with the smbios serial number but I'm still stuck. The networkinterfaces.plist fix worked for me in lion so the app store worked fine but nothing is working in ml. Any ideas?

Are you sure both of your NICs are working fine? I was running fine under Lion, but then got a new motherboard and did a fresh install of Mountain Lion. I had the same issue where I could not connect to the appstore and got the dreaded "An unknown error has occurred". I went to my old Lion drive an copied my org.chamelon.Boot.plist from my old drive (I have dual monitors and had it fixed for that). I then copied my NetworkInterfaces.plist from my Lion drive and still nothing. Come to find out, my new gigabyte motherboard did not have RealTek NIC built in, but rather an Atheros NIC. I had installed a second NIC and that was coming up fine, but it was coming up as en1, if there is no en0, you will not be able to connect to the app store. I then ran multibeast and installed the Atheros driver and rebooted. I then had en0 and en1 and was able to log into the app store and icloud just fine.

If you have dual monitors and you have not properly configured your video card, it may also cause the same problem (at least it did for me at one point)

I hope that helps

oi amigos ja gastei discos e mais discos n conseguir ainda e nem sei tenho uma placa intel dh55pj lga 1156 i5 650 8 gh de memoria enada

I have the new Dell XPS L521x and I made a USB Installation of ML and after I get it to install on my minSSD card, as soon as it boots up I get a panic telling me to press and hold down the power button.

Any ideas? I have tried to boot ignoring all errors and using GraphicsEnabler=No etc but nothing works same screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back