Contribute
Register

Unable to boot mac os monterey

One thing that I have a vga display is this issue due that ?
Your signature shows an HD530 internal graphics processor. If you have a dedicated graphics processor, your DeviceProperties should be different.
Skylake Graphics.jpg

naman368,
I looked at your EFI folder. My comments are based on the included documents in OpenCore-0.9.2-RELEASE and OpenCore's Install Guide for the Skylake-based computer's config.plist. I have only listed any inconsistencies I have seen. Keep in mind that I have no HP motherboard as a reference, only my Skylake EFI folder for my "Mini-ITX 2" computer when it was a Hackintosh, plus the online OpenCore guide..

EFI/OC
1. Your two files in your ACPI folder should be replaced from the OpenCore-0.9.2-RELEASE/Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries folder.
  • Also, just to add, that sample.plist is based off OpenCore v0.9.1 which as wstrohm pointed out was a starting point and should not be there.
  • The EFI itself is based on OpenCore v0.9.2 so running ocvalidate on OP's config.plist has revealed missing key errors that must be addressed or macOS will not boot;
Code:
OCS: Missing key DisableIoMapperMapping, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key GopBurstMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key InitialMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!

Serialisation returns 4 errors!

UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics)!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

@naman368
  1. Launch the OpenCore ver.0.9.2 sample.plist and your current config.plist side by side in a plist editor.
  2. Use the Find function (Ctrl+F or Cmd+F) on the OC v0.9.2 sample.plist and enter the missing key i.e., DisableIoMapperMapping.
  3. Your Plist editor will show you where that key lives (spoiler alert Kernel > Quirks).
  4. Highlight that entire Kernel > Quirks line and copy it using Ctrl+C or Cmd+C.
  5. Now go to your config.plist and locate Kernel > Quirks and highlight that Quirks line.
  6. Paste (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V) DisableIoMapperMapping to Quirks and it will drop that new key into Kernel > Quirks Children.
  7. Save and repeat the process for the 3 remaining missing keys, paying attention to where they live.
  8. That last 'CheckUefi returns 1 error!' will probably be eliminated once those 4 missing keys are added.
Btw - ocvalidate (found in Utilities) and sample.plist (found in Docs) are found in each OpenCore Release version.
Always check your finished config.plist using ocvalidate and make sure that the version of ocvalidate matches the version of your OpenCore EFI otherwise the results will be wrong.

naman368,
Does your "VGA display" have more than one type of input port? In addition to a VGA input, does it also have a DVI input? If so, an adapter cable might be available. I noticed your motherboard has both VGA and DisplayPort outputs on its rear panel.

naman368,
Does your "VGA display" have more than one type of input port? In addition to a VGA input, does it also have a DVI input? If so, an adapter cable might be available. I noticed your motherboard has both VGA and DisplayPort outputs on its rear panel.
No my monitor has only one vga port

• Also, just to add, that sample.plist is based off OpenCore v0.9.1 which as wstrohm pointed out was a starting point and should not be there.
  • The EFI itself is based on OpenCore v0.9.2 so running ocvalidate on OP's config.plist has revealed missing key errors that must be addressed or macOS will not boot;
Code:
OCS: Missing key DisableIoMapperMapping, context <Quirks>!
OCS: Missing key GopBurstMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key InitialMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!

Serialisation returns 4 errors!

UEFI->Output->InitialMode is illegal (Can only be Auto, Text, or Graphics)!
CheckUefi returns 1 error!

@naman368
  1. Launch the OpenCore ver.0.9.2 sample.plist and your current config.plist side by side in a plist editor.
  2. Use the Find function (Ctrl+F or Cmd+F) on the OC v0.9.2 sample.plist and enter the missing key i.e., DisableIoMapperMapping.
  3. Your Plist editor will show you where that key lives (spoiler alert Kernel > Quirks).
  4. Highlight that entire Kernel > Quirks line and copy it using Ctrl+C or Cmd+C.
  5. Now go to your config.plist and locate Kernel > Quirks and highlight that Quirks line.
  6. Paste (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V) DisableIoMapperMapping to Quirks and it will drop that new key into Kernel > Quirks Children.
  7. Save and repeat the process for the 3 remaining missing keys, paying attention to where they live.
  8. That last 'CheckUefi returns 1 error!' will probably be eliminated once those 4 missing keys are added.
Btw - ocvalidate (found in Utilities) and sample.plist (found in Docs) are found in each OpenCore Release version.
Always check your finished config.plist using ocvalidate and make sure that the version of ocvalidate matches the version of your OpenCore EFI otherwise the results will be wrong.
Sir this means that I can do 2 things. Downgrade my efi to 0.91 or update my update my config.plist to 0.92

I made some changes and tried to boot without acceleration and got this error

Attachments

• 20230513_230654_lmc_8.4.jpg
    20230513_230654_lmc_8.4.jpg
    11.6 MB · Views: 19
Back