Contribute
Register

[U310] post-install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conclusion:​The problem is "IOBluetoothFamily.kext", it changed now v4.0.7 =>v.4.2.3! I don't know where I got the latter one. It should be installed from HP installer.

What do you think?

So you had tampered with the BT kexts and broke the system...

The ProBook installer does not install any BT kexts (just the IOath3kfrmwr.kext firmware uploader for ATh3k)

So you had tampered with the BT kexts and broke the system...

The ProBook installer does not install any BT kexts (just the IOath3kfrmwr.kext firmware uploader for ATh3k)

No. I did not manipulate any IOBluetoothFamily.kext file, I don't know where I got the v. 4.0.7. The newer version(v4.2.3) I just copied from the HP4431 with Mavericks Installed.

In general, I hate this trial & error process. There should be a systematic approach for debug and a system tree(kext dependency) should be there to check if all related files are presented.(like the Linux installation/debugging)

People there@insanelymac also had same problem because of mismatching IOBluetoothFamily.kext file.

Is there a kext/driver dependency checking program for hackintosh or MacOSx? What is your general approach?

No. I did not manipulate any IOBluetoothFamily.kext file, I don't where I D/L the v. 4.0.7. The newer version I just copied from the HP4431 with Mavericks Installed.

IOBluetoothFamily.kext is 4.2.6 in 10.9.4. If you had an older version, it did not come from the OS X installer, which means you must have placed it there yourself.

In general, I hate this trial & error process. There should be a systematic approach for debug and a system tree(kext dependency) should be there to check if all related files are presented.(like the Linux installation/debugging)

Welcome to hackintosh.

Is there a kext/driver dependency checking program for hackintosh or MacOSx? What is your general approach?

My approach is to pay attention to what I'm doing. I never run an installer pkg without knowing what is inside (Pacifist). I never install a bunch of kexts without knowing what has been done with them and I avoid rollbacks, preferring injector kexts or DSDT patches, or doing the patch myself.

IOBluetoothFamily.kext is 4.2.6 in 10.9.4. If you had an older version, it did not come from the OS X installer, which means you must have placed it there yourself.
Welcome to hackintosh.

Thanks for the explanation.

Now I can browse phone files or AirDrop with another MACs.

But Turn BT off is grey out. I know the "tape" insulate PINs method.

I check iNet, people can dig into info.plist within the plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext, make waking works. But I don't which Plugin kext is relevant to my BT card(I am using your FW uploader v1.2.0); Hereby the plugins in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext:
plugins_in_IOBluetoothFamily.kext.jpg

It said it is possible if BIOS support BT ON/OFF, but my U310 do have this listed. I check the U310 manual, the keyboard F7 is designed for "airplane mode", but it doesn't work to power on/off WiFi & BT.

Could you explain more details about this function and its technical background? thanks!

Thanks for the explanation.

Now I can browse phone files or AirDrop with another MACs.

But Turn BT off is grey out. I know the "tape" insulate PINs method.

I check iNet, people can dig into info.plist within the plugin of IOBluetoothFamily.kext, make waking works. But I don't which Plugin kext is relevant to my BT card(I am using your FW uploader v1.2.0); Hereby the plugins in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext:
View attachment 100874

You can look at ioreg to determine which BT driver is being used. But I don't think you can make this feature work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back