i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks to the thread of Combined U410/U310 Mavericks
I have successfully installed Mavericks(10.9.2) on my U310 (dualboot WIN7/Mavericks). e.g. Display/Audio/keyboard/touchpad/HDMI/USB/battery/WiFi, except:

1. BT not working
    I have a combo card(AR9285/AR3011), wifi works fine. BT symbol shows in bar but not detecting or detectable. I'v installed Rehabman's IOath3kfrmwr.kext, system log:
    IOath3kfrmwr: version 1.2.0 starting
    IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!

But "system report"shows:
    vendor ID : 0x0000, Product ID : 0x0000
    I don't know where to find further info to debug. Found this for editing, but cannot find command lsusb and the related plist file? EDITed: here the system.log:

RehabMan_AR3K.jpg

2. HWmonitor reports mSATA hard drive overheated
    I have not formatted it and I know it is a wrong report, but how to fix it?

3. Error: SuperIODevice Fatal
    kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x8518, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
  4. Error : System uptime in nanoseconds xxx, like this
    I got the dead boot screen every time I switch from WIN7 back to Mavericks. I guess it must relate to UTC time synconization, I did this registry change, solved the time delay issue in WIN7, but It has now problem t start MacOS, a 2nd start could always solve this issue. but why?
  5. Remapping logitech K700 keyboard.
    How to capture the
    keystroke code, so that I could remap the keys? I read mod using X11, but MacOS ceased to use it, do I really need to install X11?

Anyone any hints? I would like to document this here...

BTW: how to backup my successfully installed DSDT patches & kexts, so that I could easily restore the system?

thanks in advance.
______________________________ SOLUTIONS _____________________

1. Bluetooth(AR3011):
  • IOath3kfrmwr.kext(v.1.2.0) from Rehabman + IOBluetoothFamily.kext (v.4.2.3) comes from Mavericks itself.
  • Turn off currently grey, BT can be completely blocked by insulated 2 pins on the card:
    Tape Bluetooth Card Method
  • More to come.

4. Error : System uptime in nanoseconds xxx, after reboot from WIN7

• onboard ethernet card not compatible with multibeats: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext, although it works with single MacOS system. The card is in fact RTL8101E/RTL8102E (detected by DPCIManager) , so go for the driver@insanelymac, rebuild cache, it works all around win7/MacOS.

[*]BT not working
I have a combo card(AR9285/AR3011), wifi works fine. BT symbol shows in bar but not detecting or detectable. I'v installed Rehabman's IOath3kfrmwr.kext, system log:
IOath3kfrmwr: version 1.2.0 starting
IOath3kfrmwr: firmware loaded successfully!

But "system report"shows:
vendor ID : 0x0000, Product ID : 0x0000
I don't know where to find further info to debug. Found this for editing, but cannot find command lsusb and the related plist file?

Maybe your particular AR3011 is not compatible with the firmware image...

[*]HWmonitor reports mSATA hard drive overheated
I have not formatted it and I know it is a wrong report, but how to fix it?

Many drives do not report proper data.

[*]Error: SuperIODevice Fatal
kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x8518, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

Normal. It means your LPC device is not supported by LPCSensors.kext (FakeSMC plugin).

[*]Error : System uptime in nanoseconds xxx, like this

Post actual photo. Seems unlikely you're using MacPro5,1 smbios (which is shown in the post you linked).

[*]Remapping logitech K700 keyboard.
How to capture the
keystroke code, so that I could remap the keys? I read mod using X11, but MacOS ceased to use it, do I really need to install X11?

USB keyboard? Use KeyRemap4MacBook...

BTW: how to backup my successfully installed DSDT patches & kexts, so that I could easily restore the system?

TimeMachine.

Thanks RehabMan, you are always great helper. I always got help here, don't know how to contribute :)

Maybe your particular AR3011 is not compatible with the firmware image...
I am pretty confident it is compatible. The Model: AR5B195 (WiFi: AR5B195/Bluetooth: AR3011) / AW-NB037H, works perfectly in WIN7, same model as reported here and here. I guess I may also need to edit info.plist?

Many drives do not report proper data.
Normal. It means your LPC device is not supported by LPCSensors.kext (FakeSMC plugin).
I remember once during installation/struggling, I got it correct temperature reported. Only the fan speed missing. Sorry for my perfectionism.

Post actual photo. Seems unlikely you're using MacPro5,1 smbios (which is shown in the post you linked).
No mine is 8,1. I will reproduce the case the get back with screenshot.

USB keyboard? Use KeyRemap4MacBook...
It is a very slick USB wireless keyboard using logitech unify USB receiver.
http://www.e-scooter01.com/k700/logitech-K700-with-unifying-receiver.jpg
So, can KeyRemap4MacBook detect key code? I'll try it. thanks!

TimeMachine.
No experience with TimeMachine restore yet. Could I use the Mavericks installation USB and restore the whole HDD through NAS timeMachine/backup?

Thanks RehabMan, you are always great helper. I always got help here, don't know how to contribute :)

I am pretty confident it is compatible. The Model: AR5B195 (WiFi: AR5B195/Bluetooth: AR3011) / AW-NB037H, works perfectly in WIN7, same model as reported here and here. I guess I may also need to edit info.plist?

If IOAth3kfrmwr.kext says "firmware loaded" then the kext is working...

I remember once during installation/struggling, I got it correct temperature reported. Only the fan speed missing. Sorry for my perfectionism.

Maybe different version of FakeSMC/plugins.

No experience with TimeMachine restore yet. Could I use the Mavericks installation USB and restore the whole HDD through NAS timeMachine/backup?

Not sure about NAS based TM backup (would require network access from the OS X installer)...

You should always test any backup system by trying to do a restore.

If IOAth3kfrmwr.kext says "firmware loaded" then the kext is working...

But why in system report, it shows 0x0000 for product ID and vender ID, and Discoverable: Off,

On the top bar bluetooth is on same as in system preference/bluetooth :crazy:

For the Error 4: system up nanoseconds ... what is the boot flag to record the error loading process in system.log? I cannot find them in system.log to debug...

But why in system report, it shows 0x0000 for product ID and vender ID, and Discoverable: Off,

On the top bar bluetooth is on same as in system preference/bluetooth :crazy:

No idea. Could be some detail of your installation process...

For the Error 4: system up nanoseconds ... what is the boot flag to record the error loading process in system.log? I cannot find them in system.log to debug...

That is a KP (kernel panic). KPs are not able to log to system.log. Take a photo instead.

Hereby the "system uptime error" screenshot:
errorCPU_uptime.jpg
Same kind of error as this.

My first guess is the UTC time registry change in my windows 7.
But where to go further debug...

lucky thing is I can always restart and then it will be fine, seems windows change something and Mavericks correct it back.

Hereby the "system uptime error" screenshot:
View attachment 99575
Same kind of error as this.

Remove the kext causing the KP...

Not sure what you're trying to say. Your photo and the link you provided are two completely different errors.

My first guess is the UTC time registry change in my windows 7.
But where to go further debug...

??? Are you referring to RealTimeIsUniversal?

as to the screenshot:

kernal extensions in backtrace ...
com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8169Ethernet (1.1.4a5)

So you mean I should remove this kext, using "kextstat | grep Ethernet"?
c.f. 1

I do remember PC system seems use LAN card to collect system time or correct it, don't know this is the root cause...

regarding to the time difference windows vs. MaxOS, I have done that registry editing in windows 7 according to this and same as this, is this relevant?

using "debug=0x144" at boot can produce KP log. c.f. 2,

Last edited by a moderator:
as to the screenshot:

kernal extensions in backtrace ...
com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8169Ethernet (1.1.4a5)

So you mean I should remove this kext, don't know where to find it and remove it .

It is a PlugIn in IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back