Contribute
Register

Trying to "roll my own" DSDT for ASRock H77M-ITX: HELP! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board doesn't have options in the Uefi bios to change framebuffer settings. Also, which injector file are you referring to? The file that adds 0x1e0386 or something? I thought that's only for lion.

Actually, I am not sure about the function of the injector,
I try remove it, sometimes it work, but sometime it fail with message like "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB fail to load because something already declare in ...."
Because I didn't use Device Properties or dsdt to lock the IGP detection, also may be Chameleon/Chimera Graphic Enabler problem.

I paste the content of Injector here

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.chameleon.plist.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>AppleIntelSNBGracphcisFBInjector</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleIntelMEIDriver</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleIntelMEIDriver</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x1E3A8086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>80000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>IOSourceVersion</key>
<string>0.0.0.0.0</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Local-Root</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Finally, sleep resume slow problem have solution

Finally, sleep resume slow problem have solution

Search Method WAK
remove the line "\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)"

Method (WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SWAK (Arg0)
\_SB.PCI0.NWAK (Arg0)
// \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)
}

It work after apply injector kext.
some setting may make it load fail and need rebuild cache, I usually boot in with PciRoot=1 and run Kext Utility

For HD Graphics 3000
4GB RAM system memory, FrameBuffer must set to 384MB
8GB or above must set to 512MB

Of couse you need to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB or use the injector kext in Mountain Lion too. With HD 3000 you'll also need to remove AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext as it claims the MEI with id 0x1E3A8086 and therefore gets in conflict with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.

There is no need to set graphics memory to a special value in BIOS because OS X ignores this setting and makes it's own decision depending on the total amount of RAM installed. With 8BG or more you'll get 512MB no matter what you set in BIOS. Revogirl already mentioned that last year!

Mieze

Thanks Mieze for to the point info. Im going to do a fresh ML install today with the above info.

preface: flash modified bios (uefi) - I believe this is optional and I'm still debating it.
1. Install ML via Unibeast method. boot new OS via USB
2. Multibeast with DSDT, selecting all options specified by BoomR in his thread.
3. Delete AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext via Finder
4. Place SNBGraphics Patch kext by Dreamwatcher on the desktop, run kextutility
5. reboot. enjoy.

Am i missing something?

Of couse you need to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB or use the injector kext in Mountain Lion too. With HD 3000 you'll also need to remove AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext as it claims the MEI with id 0x1E3A8086 and therefore gets in conflict with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.

There is no need to set graphics memory to a special value in BIOS because OS X ignores this setting and makes it's own decision depending on the total amount of RAM installed. With 8BG or more you'll get 512MB no matter what you set in BIOS. Revogirl already mentioned that last year!

Mieze

Thanks Mieze for to the point info. Im going to do a fresh ML install today with the above info.

preface: flash modified bios (uefi) - I believe this is optional and I'm still debating it.
1. Install ML via Unibeast method. boot new OS via USB
2. Multibeast with DSDT, selecting all options specified by BoomR in his thread.
3. Delete AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext via Finder
4. Place SNBGraphics Patch kext by Dreamwatcher on the desktop, run kextutility
5. reboot. enjoy.

Am i missing something?

Sounds like a good plan!

Mieze

ok cool. what about HD4000? I'm building two of these with the only diff. being 2500k vs 3570k

Sounds like a good plan!

Mieze

Hd 4000

OK It seems that I'm almost there.

Only issue left is HD 4000's HDMI audio out. I got HD 4000 to work by adding the EFI string from another thread. Without this it would not work. Also, I HAD to set graphics memory in UEFI to 64mb. Again, without this, HD 4000 would not work.

BUT, I STILL dont have HDMI audio out. Any ideas? Or do I have to modifiy the DSDT again? The DSDT I'm using is the one BoomR & Meize created. It works great except - NO HDMI OUT in ML.

Someone that knows more than me, please chime in.

Only issue left is HD 4000's HDMI audio out.
For HD4000 HDMI audio:
1. HDMI audio edited dsdt (H77MITX-patched-layout-id-392 may work, testing required)
1. MultiBeast/Patched AppleHDA/ALC 892 (Audio ID: 392)
2. Either HD4000 Framebuffer (enable with efi or dsdt injection)
a. 0A 00 66 01
b. 0B 00 66 01

For HD4000 HDMI audio:
1. HDMI audio edited dsdt (H77MITX-patched-layout-id-392 may work, testing required)
1. MultiBeast/Patched AppleHDA/ALC 892 (Audio ID: 392)
2. Either HD4000 Framebuffer (enable with efi or dsdt injection)
a. 0A 00 66 01
b. 0B 00 66 01

1. H77MITX-patched-layout-id-392 Dsdt doesn't enable audio over hdmi on hd 4000. I tried. It works fine on hd3000
2. I used efi string and hdmi worked (video only)
3. I'm going to try editing the above Dsdt using the new Dsdt edit script you posted on your other thread. If successful, I'll post that Dsdt here.

Hello first of all I would like to thank for all your help, and second I would like to apologize for my English which is not fluent, something that makes understanding technical stuff more complicated.

I've just bought the h77m-it's with a i5 3570k and 8 gb of corsair vengeance 1600 for hackintoshing.
It's not my first hackintosh as I made one nehalem (i7 920) with a 6870 and ga x58 extreme work well with 10.7.4. Still I'm quite a noob, but as I'm moving to another country I sold my big atx and bought this for making a 'powerful' htpc so that I can carry it on with me on my trips.

Problems are first that I don't have any device where from I could make the installation USB with unibeast, as I don't know anybody near by who can lend me their Mac to do it, (I plan to buy the app for making the USB, there is no intention on asking for links to the download). So is there any way to do it from windows?
Second I tried to follow all along this thread, but as I don't have much experience as a hackintosher there are things that seemed really complicated, and after all with both ivy bridge and sandy bridge installations being discussed in the thread I really got lot lost at some point.

What I understood, is that with a modified bios on the MOBO, the installation should go fine and after, using multibeast with user dsdt but without the aml file on the desktop, and on the kernels choosing the LAN and audio.

So as I'm a bit mixed up, would anyone help me figuring out the actual installation process, or where to get the modified bios?
After all when I get everything working, I'll open a new thread with the actual simplified installation process for this MOBO with ivy bridge, to anyone who is interested on making a ivy bridge mini itx hackintosh.

Thank you in advance, and again sorry for all the troubles and for my English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back