Contribute
Register

Trying to "roll my own" DSDT for ASRock H77M-ITX: HELP! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BoomR

Thanks for the info.

By luck, bitfenix prodigy case space for 2 expansion slots (or 1 dedicated graphic card like). About my question for the DSDT with the graphic card i will saw Tooleda's post.

Much people has complaints of this case, because narrowly you can't put microatx motherboard, only mini-itx is possible on this case. I think the lenght it won't be a problem. This case supports dedicated graphics cads up to 33 cm lenght.
Only must remove a few HD slots.

Yeah ... for dualboot i saw now a Tonymaxc86's post. He says is more easy dualboot with 2 hard drives. 1 for Mac and another for Windows. Best 2 drives that partition the drive. On windows i only want to play GTA 4. Nothing more, but this game is bad optimized on windows and requires good dedicated graphic card.

Thanks for all the advices.

About the sabrent adaptor. I don't know any shop in Europe to buy it.
Investigating here:
wiki/index.php/Bluetooth_Adapter_Database

Belkin F8T016ng supports apple devices / sleep and i can buy it on amazon.uk
(Works OOB. Supports Chimera MultiBoot (BT without OS being loaded). Wakes from sleep in OS X 10.6.8).

This means i can use it to boot lion instalation without wired keyboard and using my imac bluetooth keyboard for the instalation ?. Or wired keyboard is neccesary.

About PLC's I use actually Devolo Dlan AV Plus. I will connect iMac and Bitfenix with this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-dLAN-AVp ... 987&sr=8-2

I hadn't seen your offical post. I like de Cube. :cool: I promise read it now.
BoomR's Cube2.0: Core i5 2500K | H77M-ITX | 8GB RAM | HD3000.

My idea it build the hackintosh in a month at most and obviously i explain the whole the process if i have sucess.
Last question: When i have my hackintosh running. ¿Mountain Lion and his updates will be possible without problems or need any patch ?. About iCloud no idea ?

It has much merit your work and thanks for helping others to do his build. :clap:

Greetings. :thumbup:

PD: I want to show some google pics of the case if you want:
Bitfenix_Prodigy_GTX690.JPG

BitFenix-Prodigy-Case.jpeg

Specs:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy#specs

pwalth21

Thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

Its only to play San Andreas and GTA 4 online. They are the only games that I want to play because they are what I enjoy most. .
I hope radeon HD 7 series will be supported on mountain lion, because they are powerful and low power graphics. Nvidia series 5xx are high power.

About dualboot I mentioned above. Going Bald recommended to me two SSD disks.One for each SO.

Greetings

Top work fellas, congratulations on a lovely build! :thumbup:

Interestingly, I had almost identical components (different memory and I didn't have a Cube to hand, alas!)so I began a build based on your work here. Unfortunately, I got graphical artefacts - dots and lines - on screen using the board's HDMI port. This persisted on two different displays and with different cables. Also, sleep worked but it was very slow to resume - usually around 80-90 seconds before it woke.

I have a Sapphire HD 5770 so I thought I'd give that a shot instead. I've got the system as a Mac Pro and everything is working nicely except for HDMI audio on the card. Now, I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to HDMI edits, I've been Hackintoshing for a while but I've always relied on a trusty Griffin iMic for sound duties before. However, as this would do HTPC and light Minecraft duties, it would be lovely to use the card instead. I've been working my way through Toleda's guides but without much luck, so I'd really appreciate a 'nudge' of advice here. Would the existing DSDT be editable or should I use one of my own? I suspect because it's a Mac Mini type, it'll be the latter but a yea or nay from Mieze or one of the other big brains on here would be really appreciated. :)

Again, congrats on a brilliant build. Seahawk, I've also got two Bitfenix Prodigy cases and they're great little cases (I say little, they're little in the same sense that the modern Mini cars are little!) :D I've been using a cheap and cheerful Logitech wireless Touch K400 and it works really well - if I can get the system working though, it'll be an Apple wireless keyboard and magic trackpad in a henge dock via Bluetooth. :)

Edit: Seahawk, one of the comments on Amazon (Emil Kjær Eriksen) regarding the Belkin F8T016ng says it won't wake a Hackintosh on 10.7.4.
Range is not that good and the dongle doesn't wake from sleep in OS X 10.7.4 hackintosh. The adapter had to be very close to my mouse otherwise it would lag across the screen. Other than the the product is okay. Not the best build quality either. If you're going to use this for OS X (hackintosh) don't buy it but it should be okay for other OSs.

Thank you man :lol:

Wibbler i'm glad you like bitfenix prodigy. For me is like mac pro mini XDXDXD ...
Thanks for the info with Belkin Bluetooth. My idea for the instalation is not use wired keyboard. If i can't then i buy a cheaper keyboard.

About the dedicated graphic card. No idea like you. I'm reading for Tooleda's info at the moment and what to do with DSDT.

Regards and thanks again.

Audio and BIOS version Question

Hey guys. I am getting ready in the next few weeks to start on my 2nd build. A couple questions about this motherboard. 1) What bios version are you running? Or is it UEFI version? :/ 2) for the audio I know you are using the HDMI for that, but I will be using the standard audio out with the 3.5mm jack. Will this still work with the current DSDT version in this thread or will some things need to be changed? Thanks!

Hi all,

I am using this board too
System Config

i5 2500K
2x4GB DDR3
onboard HD Graphics 3000 with 2 LCD (one 1920x1080 on DVI port -> HDMI with adapter, one 1680x1050 on HDMI port)
onboard sound

Here is my workout
download patched bios from http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread-28.html
no DSDT, SSDT
loader using Chimera 1.11.0

install
FakeSMC and monitors, AppleHDA rollback, ALC892 enabler from MultiBeast 4.6.1
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFBInjector.kext for my HD 3000 on 7-Series MB

Because patched bios, no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed, full EIST / TurboBoost feature (show CPU Multi x34 on my 2500K when full load)

Sleep OK, but wake up need 60 sec....

is this lion or mountain lion?

just curious, why are you using the modified BIOS instead of the DSDT that BoomR has posted? Any benefit going this way?

is this lion or mountain lion?

just curious, why are you using the modified BIOS instead of the DSDT that BoomR has posted? Any benefit going this way?

it is Mountain Lion.

BIOS instead of DSDT because the TurboBoost,
NullCPU + DSDT can only run x33 on 2500K,
however BIOS patch + DSDT/No DSDT can run x34

If using Z77 board, it can easily scale to x45 with proper cooling.

I wanna try B75 version of Asrock ITX, everything almost the same only SATA 6G port count difference.

that's awesome. as is, i'm unable to get the HD 3000 to work on ML. It works fine with Lion & patched IntenSNBGraphics kext file.

Let me try it with the patched BIOS and NO DSDT. Chimera should do the trick. *hopefully*

that's awesome. as is, i'm unable to get the HD 3000 to work on ML. It works fine with Lion & patched IntenSNBGraphics kext file.

Let me try it with the patched BIOS and NO DSDT. Chimera should do the trick. *hopefully*

It work after apply injector kext.
some setting may make it load fail and need rebuild cache, I usually boot in with PciRoot=1 and run Kext Utility

For HD Graphics 3000
4GB RAM system memory, FrameBuffer must set to 384MB
8GB or above must set to 512MB

my system was upgraded to i5 3570K
for HD Graphics 4000
better set FrameBuffer to 96MB, if no this option, try 64MB
No need patch or injector, only device property for multi monitor.

This board doesn't have options in the Uefi bios to change framebuffer settings. Also, which injector file are you referring to? The file that adds 0x1e0386 or something? I thought that's only for lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back