Contribute
Register

Trying to "roll my own" DSDT for ASRock H77M-ITX: HELP! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BoomR,

Like pwalth21, I'm also in the market for an ITX build and leaning toward the ASRock H77M-ITX.

I was wondering if you tried the technique that tonymac used on the Gigabyte board with UEFI - just select UserDSDT but without a DSDT file on the desktop.

Also, did you try the new BridgeHelper 5.0 yet?

Thanks!

tsanga said:
Also, did you try the new BridgeHelper 5.0 yet?

I have not tried that particular method...yet! :) Also, I'm using Core i5 2500K CPU (Sandy Bridge). I was under the impression that Bridge Helper was/is for Ivy Bridge CPU.

pwalth21 said:
EDIT: I found this too. Someone got it working using that technique.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=61255

OOH! Somehow I missed your edit! Thanks for that link - will check that out. May even post a reply on that thread to see if he would be kind enough to give a detailed list of exactly what MultiBeast options he used.

Stay tuned! :crazy:

BoomR said:
I was under the impression that Bridge Helper was/is for Ivy Bridge CPU.
BridgeHelper 5.0 has these features, which I hoped would be beneficial for the H77 chipset.
  • Chipset support for Intel 7 Series USB 3.0[/*:m:26rp8wz0]
  • Patched chipset support for Intel 7 Series AHCI[/*:m:26rp8wz0]
Can you apply it to a SNB CPU? I'm just asking - I'm new around here!

tsanga said:
Can you apply it to a SNB CPU? I'm just asking - I'm new around here!

SNB? That's a new one on me...

Plus was just reading all about BridgeHelper 5.x - the way the description reads, it really is intended to activate/enable all those features for Ivy Bridge CPUs. If you have an IB processor, then yes, definitely try it. I'm using Sandy Bridge, so I don't think there would be any benefit (and I suspect it would make things worse).

pwalth21 said:
I think SNB might have been SB (Sandy Bridge) with an accidental "N" in the middle. Could be wrong though.

:headbang:

HEY-Just noticed you're in TX - if you're in N. Texas, hope you escaped all the bad hail we had late yesterday afternoon in the DFW area!

And by the way you are right about bridgehelper. It will only help with Ivy processors. The features listed are on the H77 and Z77, but without an ivy processor you can't utilize some features of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back