Contribute
Register

Trying to get into the 1.8.4 installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try other stuff in that thread. It seemed like multiple people had the same problem you are and got it working.
I've done it! :D
I'm in the installer... :thumbup: :lol: :headbang:

Cool. What was it?

Cool. What was it?
I tried to start from scratch with the other tool. If I type the name of the tool I can't send the post, I don't know why!?! :think:

If you need the kexts, extra folder and the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" for a future purchase I can pack it all and send it to you! ;)

Anyway let me try to install ML, and boot in it.. then we can see if everything's alright! :thumbup:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but this is great news. If I go Ivy Bridge-E this is really the only board that works for me and the cards I need to install, so it's awesome that it works (though I still need to find someone using Ivy Bridge-E on it). The other option is to go dual CPU with the new E5 v2.

Please keep me posted on what works and doesn't work with this board in OS X. I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but this is great news. If I go Ivy Bridge-E this is really the only board that works for me and the cards I need to install, so it's awesome that it works (though I still need to find someone using Ivy Bridge-E on it). The other option is to go dual CPU with the new E5 v2.

Please keep me posted on what works and doesn't work with this board in OS X. I'd really appreciate it.
I will definitely go dual CPU next year or later on.. my cpu is too expensive to doing it now.
Anyway.. first boot, kernel panic. Let me replace IOPCIFamily, AppleAHCIPort, AppleACPIPlatform with the ones I used for installation..

EDIT: here we go again!
DSMOS has arrived
macx_swapon SUCCESS

stuck here..

EDIT2: I have an idea! Let me try a thing!!

EDIT3: Nothing to do.. stays stuck there!

I MADE IT!! :D
details here! :headbang:

Glad to see you got it working!

Looks like it was very complicated to get OS X running with that motherboard. What version of ML are you running? What works and what doesn't work on the motherboard/Hackintosh?

Looks like it was very complicated to get OS X running with that motherboard. What version of ML are you running? What works and what doesn't work on the motherboard/Hackintosh?
I fixed almost everything. Mobo and Hackintosh are working pretty well!

Only thing that doesn't work is the Audio. I'm going to try to fix it soon! ;)

Great news flmmkr, if you are still interested in buying this MB. Everything's working pretty good, audio too (even the optical spdif). Not a single problem in last days. Thoroughly tested, ML works like I have a original mac! :)

Thanks for the update. That's great to hear. I'll definitely consider it for an upgrade after the 1st of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back