Contribute
Register

Trying to get into the 1.8.4 installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you had 10.8.0 installed and then ran the 10.8.4 combo update? And now it won't boot even into safe mode? If that's the case, it might be safer to do a clean install on another drive or partition to at least test if that will get it working. If it does work, then you'll know it's not the OS that's no longer compatible and that it's a kext or setting.

As RehabMan suggested, a kext or something you had installed or a setting you changed may have gotten rolled back. A clean install and repeat of all your original install and configuration steps may be what's needed.

Why are you using the cpus=1 flag? You only have 1 CPU so it should default to that anyway. Isn't that flag only useful for a multi-CPU system and you want to force use of only 1 CPU?

So you had 10.8.0 installed and then ran the 10.8.4 combo update? And now it won't boot even into safe mode? If that's the case, it might be safer to do a clean install on another drive or partition to at least test if that will get it working. If it does work, then you'll know it's not the OS that's no longer compatible and that it's a kext or setting.

As RehabMan suggested, a kext or something you had installed or a setting you changed may have gotten rolled back. A clean install and repeat of all your original install and configuration steps may be what's needed.

Why are you using the cpus=1 flag? You only have 1 CPU so it should default to that anyway. Isn't that flag only useful for a multi-CPU system and you want to force use of only 1 CPU?

I'm trying right now a new clean install of 10.8.5 but it hangs on [PCI Configuration Begin].
I tried -x, npci=0x3000, npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=0, every kext I used to fix it previously are already inside S/L/E folder or E/E.. I don't know what else to do..

Typing "-v -f -x npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0" after a while on [PCI Configuration Begin] (the USB keeps reading) the screen turn into blank.
I have my GTX770
slots into the PC.

Did you try PCIRootUID=1?

I'm assuming you didn't have any issues like this when you installed 10.8.0 with the exact same hardware configuration?

PCIRootUID=1 is set by default in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist I think..
Anyway on 1.8.0 I just added few kexts (that are already on the stick made by unibeast here) and everything gone alright. I needed only to add cpus=1, without it the mouse was flickering and jumping everywhere..

anyway.. after [PCI Configuration Begin] acts like keep booting into the installer but the screen is stuck.. in fact when the USB stops the loading the screen goes blank...

I'm lost.. any idea?

Just because you added the kexts to the Unibeast install USB, doesn't mean they get copied over when you install OS X on your hard drive. You still need to install them into OS X on the hard drive. Since you can't get OS X to boot into safe mode you can copy them over with terminal commands in Single User Mode and rebuild the kext cache as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed this is the installer that you're having trouble with. Not sure what to recommend.

EDIT2: have you tried the GTX770 in a different PCIE slot? I would also pull all the PCIE cards, except for the GTX770 and see if that changes anything.

Just because you added the kexts to the Unibeast install USB, doesn't mean they get copied over when you install OS X on your hard drive. You still need to install them into OS X on the hard drive. Since you can't get OS X to boot into safe mode you can copy them over with terminal commands in Single User Mode and rebuild the kext cache as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed this is the installer that you're having trouble with. Not sure what to recommend.

EDIT2: have you tried the GTX770 in a different PCIE slot? I would also pull all the PCIE cards, except for the GTX770 and see if that changes anything.

I replaced IOPCIFamily.kext (version 2.8) with the one that RehabMan linked (version 2.7).
A little step forward... no more [PCI .. etc] but now it can't load AppleAHCI.kext

So I replaced them all.. and now i'm here:
image.jpg

I think it's still a GPU related problem like when I updated from 1.8.0.. :banghead:
no way.. can someone help me? :cry:

EDIT: I tried to boot with 8800GT (GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No) with no success so maybe it's not about the GPU. I will try your kext soon..

Try other stuff in that thread. It seemed like multiple people had the same problem you are and got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back