Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-Z77-DS3H - Core i7-3770 [Ivy Bridge]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just go into your boot menu and boot off usb.

Hello... I'm working on my second build with the same Z77-DS3H board but with i5-3570K, and I was wondering about the BIOS setup.

In the past with the i5-2500K and 10.6.8 installation we had to select all the EIST, C-State, P-State in BIOS to be "Enabled" instead of "Auto".

Do we still need to "Enable" them all, or can we get away without doing the switch from default (Optimized Settings with the change of AHCI and HPET 64-bit)?

Thank for your time!
John - CA

EDIT 7.8.2012: SUCCESS!!! I was able to install Lion 10.7.4 + BridgeHelper 5.0 on the Z77-DS3H with 3570K using the HD 4000 (no QE/CI yet). Thanks Tony and others who made this happened!

Getting myself exactly the same build, will be here next week.
Took the risk as I am aiming to get mountain next month, so no hurry as I can have win7 for the time being.

I mighty wait a few more weeks to put osx until it's all native and working properly, not sure if I can hold that long.

Nice build Tony!
I've been looking to build a setup nearly exactly the same as yours with the GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770 and GTX 550 Ti. I've been searching around the forums for a few days now, and can't seem to get a definite answer about wether all ports on the board work. Can you confirm that everything is functional, and if not, what isn't working?

Thanks for all the fantastic work with the community man! :clap:

Just curious if the MoBo and an non-Ivy Bridge chip will cause any of the problems listed in this thread OR is this really just an issue to the IB chip on its own. If so, why not just get a non-IB chip in another sector or listing and go with that until Apple goes IB support in total?

Still building our first, so I am really like in negative newbie territory here.

Re: GA-Z77-DS3H - Core i7-3770 - can't see hard drive

Stumbling through my first build:

can't see the hard drive to complete installation

Gigabyte Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Core i7 3770K Processor 3.5 GHz
MSI N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozer III PE/OC Graphics Card
2 x 4Gb RAM
1Tb Seagate Barracuda SATA HD

OS X 10.7.0 via Unibeast 1.4.0 onto 8Gb USB Flash, then upgraded with MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.4, then Bridgehelper 5.0.0 -

finally got the Hackintosh to boot to OS X installer, but it can't see the SATA drive, so there's no choice of where to install. Disk Utility running off booted USB can't see it either.

all BIOS settings at defaults except changed SATA mode from IDE to AHCI

Started with F2 BIOS on motherboard as delivered, tried upgrading to latest F6 BIOS -

the drive spins up, and BIOS sees it as a boot possibility, so I guess it's correctly installed - using lowest numbered blue SATA port

pulled one of two RAM - back to 4Gb
tried every SATA port on mobo

hints as to what I should try next?

Thanks!

Vbob

Same build and same problem, can't see the HD to install.

My next guess will be to try and run an earlier version of Bridge, 4 and 3 and see if works.
Will try that tonight...

pgm30uk said:
Same build and same problem, can't see the HD to install.

My next guess will be to try and run an earlier version of Bridge, 4 and 3 and see if works.
Will try that tonight...

I'm still a noob and This is just a wild guess, but try to install without the dedicated graphics card. I used the integrated HD 4000 during the installation and everything worked well.

Used the VGA port (I know, I didn't realize it until I had to deliver the hack to my cousin.... :headbang:

For those having some issues installing because you can't see the HDD once you boot into the UniBeast installer on USB, I got around this issue by creating the UniBeast installer on a partition of the HDD itself.

See here: viewtopic.php?p=421059#p421059 for a detailed description of how I did this and helped another user with a UD5H do the same successfully. I think you'll have the same success with the DS3H.

I'll try without the video card, might work, you never know.
But my problem is not having access to another Mac at home, (only at work). so will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back