Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-Z77-DS3H - Core i7-3770 [Ivy Bridge]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's of interest - I've been building a system with the same board and an i5 ivybridge CPU. I was able to do a restore of an account I had a time machine backup for, and iCloud works fine (apart from find my mac). Wasnt able to get it working on a clean install though...
Richard

I have this Mobo/3570k on their way. I have 10.7.3 (from the App Store) on a usb, made with Unibeast. Do I just instal onto the Z77/IB set-up as normal, then run multibeast with the DSDT from here, then run bridgehelper and restart?

I don't have ivy experience, but i think you might apply the bridgehelper to your install disk.

Hello to all,

I just try to set up my first Hackintosh and experience a great problem.
After i install the Lion, use the bridgehelper, Multibeast then unplug the b0otable USB and reboot it... a
The problem comes out with no video signal once the grey apple logo come out. I tried to run in verbose mode, i saw the few commands are SMC fail, then the video signal off again. What could i do for it?

My config is:
I5-3470
XFX ATI HD6670 2gb
Giga Z77-DS3H
16Gb

I did try many times to reinstall , the problem is the same

I'm putting together my second hackintosh using GA-Z77-DS3H and i7-3770 with 8GB ram identical to the setup OP described. I am using an EVGA nVidia GTS 250 video card. I can't get it to boot from the USB stick at all! Here what I've done:

1. Purchased Lion Installer from App Store on a MacBook
2. Formatted an 8GB USB flash drive with MasterBootRecord partition
3. Ran UniBeast to install to the USB drive
4. Applied BridgeHelper 5.0 to the USB drive
5. Disconnected all extra USB devices, SATA devices from the target computer
6. Held F12 and selected the USB drive as the boot volume
7. I get to the bootloader where I can select the USB stick to boot from, but when I do this, I get the gray Apple boot screen for a split-second, then it reboots to BIOS and I can't do anything about it. I tried booting with -x, PCIRootUID=1, =1, GraphicsEnabler=no, yes. :banghead:

Any ideas for me? Thanks so much.

zeleftikam - what is the BIOS level /version of your GA-Z77X-DS3H motherboard?

zeleftikam said:
I'm putting together my second hackintosh using GA-Z77-DS3H and i7-3770 with 8GB ram identical to the setup OP described. I am using an EVGA nVidia GTS 250 video card. I can't get it to boot from the USB stick at all! Here what I've done:

4. Applied BridgeHelper 5.0 to the USB drive

Any ideas for me? Thanks so much.

I would try with an older version of BridgeHelper (4.x). I applied BidgeHelper 5.0 after the installation was done.

When I heard to audio enable itself after reboot and the application of the Interim Patched AppleHDA. I almost cheered myself on....

Frack this is some cool issh. :think:

tonymacx86 said:
Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052

AUDIO NOTE: For now, on the GA-Z77-DS3H, you MUST use the alternate ALC8xxHDA from

viewtopic.php?p=367199#p367199

combined with AppleHDA Rollback and the DSDT from the Database. We are going to make 2 versions of ALC8xxHDA available in the next MultiBeast.

Update: Interim Patched AppleHDA available here: :thumbup:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back