Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Display - USB, Mic, Speaker and Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Has anyone got these stuff working on they’re Thunderbolt Display?
Yes, I believe so... However, you need a properly configured SSDT and more than likely a modified firmware for your Thunderbolt card. GC-Titan Ridge is the best card to be used you can read about the journey @CaseySJ took to get where we are with Thunderbolt:

I recommend using the modified firmware for the Z390 Designare motherboard on the GC-Titan ridge:

Thanks for you input, I will try to lookup an SSDT from the community, or else I need to get it flashed. By the way, do you know if the Titan Ridge card is able to connect to the Thunderbolt Display? I remember reading somewhere that just the Alpine Ridge supports Thunderbolt 1 as in the Display.

Thanks for you input, I will try to lookup an SSDT from the community, or else I need to get it flashed. By the way, do you know if the Titan Ridge card is able to connect to the Thunderbolt Display? I remember reading somewhere that just the Alpine Ridge supports Thunderbolt 1 as in the Display.

You always need an SSDT, Flashing it enables the Thunderbolt bus that I think is needed to make the Thunderbolt display to work. The Titan is what I am telling you to use the alpine ridge might work with just SSDT. Flashed alpine messes up the video pass thought needed. So, if it works, it would work with an SSDT only. I would seriously read about the Thunderbolt as it will give you a lot of insight into different things regarding TB3.

Hi,
I actually got it to work now buy reading alot on the post you provided, I was able to get some SSDT files for my card following this:

But there is some inconsistensies that don’t make sense. After I changed to new SSDT’s it worked fine, USB, Cam, Mic, Spesker and everything. Next reboot nothing, only the Display and FW and Ethernet. It’s like it’s a hit and miss, I got it to work 4 times out of maybe 30 reboots. Both TB works now and only one before so this is a step in the right direction for sure.

Any ideas?

Hi,
I actually got it to work now buy reading alot on the post you provided, I was able to get some SSDT files for my card following this:

But there is some inconsistensies that don’t make sense. After I changed to new SSDT’s it worked fine, USB, Cam, Mic, Spesker and everything. Next reboot nothing, only the Display and FW and Ethernet. It’s like it’s a hit and miss, I got it to work 4 times out of maybe 30 reboots. Both TB works now and only one before so this is a step in the right direction for sure.

Any ideas?

Get an external flashing device and use the Designare modified firmware. I am not sure if the titan ridge and the designare SSDT are the same or different so you could try the SSDT I am using.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 104
I will get an Titan Ridge as well and try my luck there, any recommendation about flashing unit? I can see the one Linked in this guide is sold out :(
I went the Raspberry Pi route so I did not have some random programer laying around and what I bought could be used for more then one purpose. I used this guide:

With a really cheap SOC clip:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZCZ7L85/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I took the wires out of a old USB 2.0 header cable because it is what I had laying around at the time. But if you got to order stuff anyways you could pick up some female to female jumper wires.

P.S. I do not know what the difference between Rev 1.0 and Rev 2.0 is but I have a Rev 1.0 and most of the reports with Thunderbolt screen are from a Rev 1.0 card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back