Contribute
Register

Thinkpad T440 – success! (and a few questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't change the port addresses, the system is mapping them + 1.

System does nothing.
Port addresses are determined by UsbInjectAll.kext and the SSDT you provide.
The files you provide shows the finger scanner still enabled (HS06).

Now I am coming into some weird issues here, when the bluetooth device is available (Still doesn't show as bluetooth), the wifi is disabled, and when the wifi is enabled the bluetooth is no longer available.

Your UsbConnector values are wrong.
Internal devices such as bluetooth on HS07 should be marked UsbConnector=255 (you have 3).

Mixed success with Broadcom BCM94350ZAE, making it a poor choice.
You should have purchased BCM94352Z.

Wait a minute...what could cause it to jump to HS07, it used to be on HS06 and my finger print scanner was on HS05

Wait a minute...what could cause it to jump to HS07, it used to be on HS06 and my finger print scanner was on HS05

I think you're just getting confused regarding USBInjectAll port naming vs. your native ACPI naming.
Your ACPI: HSP0->HPS7.
USBInjectAll: HS01->HS09.

Well yes I am getting confused because earlier you told me to mark HS06 as 255 because that is where the bluetooth was, but now you are telling me it is on HS07.

I am going to flash my old BIOS back on to here, the wifi used to work when I did a hot swap to bypass the whitelist. I wonder if something is going on in the modified bios that is causing these concerns.

Well yes I am getting confused because earlier you told me to mark HS06 as 255 because that is where the bluetooth was, but now you are telling me it is on HS07.

That was from Windows HSP6...
HSP6 == HS07.

I'm new to this Hackintosh lark. I'd been thinking about it for a while, but I finally decided to take the plunge give it a try on my Thinkpad. And it's been successful, mostly.

I now have a Thinkpad which happily dual-boots macOS and ElementaryOS, with a third partition to share files. Everything works fine on the Linux side, but here's my experiences so far with the macOS side:

Working:
  • Installation and boot went smoothly - I followed the main instructions with no issues.
  • Keyboard and trackpad
  • App Store - worked after resetting the Ethernet to en0. This thread was useful.
Not working:
  • Webcam
  • Battery indicator - I've read RehabMan's instructions on how to do this but they went over my head so fast there was a sonic boom. I also can't see any T440 specific guides: is this an issue or can I use one for a similar model e.g. T450 or T440s?
  • Quartz Extreme (I think): transparencies don't work and animations are a big glitchy. Again, I couldn't see any T440 specific guides and I was a bit nervous using another one.
  • Sleep/Wake
  • Audio, not too bothered about that though
  • Internal WiFi, using a USB wifi dongle which works fine though.
This thread was useful for a list of .kexts to install and I suspect there will be answers for some of the other issues there too...

The main thing I care about getting working is the battery indicator, so I can use it without always being connected to the power supply.
Did you try Sierra on this machine? There's Sierra guide for a T430.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back