Contribute
Register

Thinkpad T440 – success! (and a few questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I implemented as many changes as I could and still no change.

The USB wifi needs to exist until I can solve this problem, then it can go away.
No idea why the bluetooth is not showing up, been playing with the USBInjectAll FAQ for hours.

Attached is an update with all changes

I really do appreciate all the help in the matter.

Did you test your bluetooth on Windows?
Did you disable fast boot in BIOS?

Yes the card works fine in windows, both wifi and bluetooth

Bios fastboot is disabled.

Also it seems to disable the wifi when attempting to connect to an access point. If I do not automatically connect to one, it will stay active, but once I attempt to connect, it turns off and on a few times, then stays off.

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1400)/#USBROOT(0)#USB(7)
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHCI)#ACPI(URTH)#ACPI(HSP6)

Is this what you are referring to? If not I will reply shortly because I will need to swap SSDs to get more info.

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1400)/#USBROOT(0)#USB(7)
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHCI)#ACPI(URTH)#ACPI(HSP6)

Is this what you are referring to? If not I will reply shortly because I will need to swap SSDs to get more info.

It is connected to the xHCI controller (on HS06).
Try without FakePCIID_XHCIMux (FakePCIID_XHCIMux is moving all such HSxx ports to EHCI).
You might as well mark HS06 with UsbConnector=255 now (via your custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext), since you now know that port is connected to internal bluetooth.

OK, I think my fingerprint scanner was mapping to the same USB port as the bluetooth. Once I added the fingerprint scanners location to the custom SSDT, the bluetooth device became available. Now I just need to figure out why it is not recognizing it as a bluetooth device.

OK, I think my fingerprint scanner was mapping to the same USB port as the bluetooth. Once I added the fingerprint scanners location to the custom SSDT, the bluetooth device became available.

It sounds like you're making mistakes with your custom SSDT.
Keep in mind you should *never* change the port addresses that are in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
That file has the correct addresses, changing them will only cause problems.

Now I just need to figure out why it is not recognizing it as a bluetooth device.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I didn't change the port addresses, the system is mapping them + 1. I just did not include the fingerprint scanner in my SSDT.

Now I am coming into some weird issues here, when the bluetooth device is available (Still doesn't show as bluetooth), the wifi is disabled, and when the wifi is enabled the bluetooth is no longer available.

Attachments

• t440.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back