Contribute
Register

The "Official" C612 (aka lets built the machine Apple never gave us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @snookie

first ,
follow the guide.
until they ask to replace the clover config, with the attached config to the guide.

second,
use @metacollin ´s settings at page 3 , be sure to add the kernel patches, exactly like the post. Remember the FakeLPC in Acpi.

third,
add the DSDT File, is from the Supermicro DSDT that @metacollin shared,
put that in the ACPI / patched folder on you're installer USB.

forth,
The kext, i did google all the kexts from the guide from step one, and the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
to get the latest one, ( you will find them )

fifth,
If you are using the internal LSI Raid card, then you must add AstekFusion2Adapter , and AstekFusion2Family kexts.
you can skip this, if you open the HP Machine, and move the SATA Cabels, from the lover line, to the top line next to PCI-E port 5/4

sixth,
Go to HP .com and grab the latest HP Z840 Bios,
install that, and then use the attached HPSetup.txt to change the Bios settings accordingly.

seventh,
you should be able to boot and install now.

----------------------------------- What I'm missing.

1. GFX
Im stuck at Nvidia drivers, because of we are using M4000 and M6000 24 GB, cards, so I belive it´s because of the Nvidia Web Driver, that I get either Black Screen, or panic reboot.

2. Storage
Im missing the PCI-E M.2 Drive ( HP Z Turbo drive).

3. FiberChannel
I have a Attotech FC card in the machine, that does not show, ( it have been used in a MacPro, where it works)

Possible more fun.
I Also attached the origin.zip, this is the DSDT Dump of the HP Z840,
if we can manage to "translate" that, then we should be getting the full power of the HP Z840 in no time.

Where is the AstekFusion2Family kext? I can't find those.

Okay, I've followed all the instructions, and I'm getting a bunch of +++'s and a reboot. An earlier post by @metacollin said that this is caused by not needing OsxAptioFixDrv. I'm not sure if this is referring to "Select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64" from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312364-guide-el-capitan-on-asrock-x99e-itxac-using-a-5960x/

I do have broadwell and followed @metacollin post about changing the ID to look for in the CPU. But that's where I'm stuck.

Where is the AstekFusion2Family kext? I can't find those.

Okay, I've followed all the instructions, and I'm getting a bunch of +++'s and a reboot. An earlier post by @metacollin said that this is caused by not needing OsxAptioFixDrv. I'm not sure if this is referring to "Select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64" from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312364-guide-el-capitan-on-asrock-x99e-itxac-using-a-5960x/

I do have broadwell and followed @metacollin post about changing the ID to look for in the CPU. But that's where I'm stuck.
I removed that one file Select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, and rather than restarting after the ++++'s, it hung.

@dvc9, can you post your clover configuration and then can you do this in the terminal:

cd /Volumes/"EFI Drive"
find . >> ~/Desktop/efi_files.txt

Can you post those those so I can see if I'm missing something dumb?

You also said you followed that first guide up until this line: "Replace config.plist in INSTEFI/EFI/CLOVER with the attached one." But what else did you do? Did you do the VoodooTSCSync.kext? Did you follow the customize instruction?

I've pretty much got everything else. I found all the kexts other than the one raid controller. I found what you were referring to regarding the bios settings. But I must be missing something.

Okay, I can get past the +++s. I tried different CPUIDs and I can get past the boot screen.

I get a kernel panic attached. I've tried different CPUIDs and different boot options. Nothing helps. It must be the different CPU. I'm sure I need a different patch ID in the kernel patches and a different CPUID as well.

I'm using 2x Xeon E5 2698 V4.

I've looked online but can't find anything. Can anyone give me a pointer?

Attachments

• IMG_6891.jpeg
    IMG_6891.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 282
Good day... i try to make the following running:

Supermicro LGA2011/Intel C612 ATX Server Motherboards X10SRA-F-O

Intel Xeon E5-2698 v4 ES Broadwell-EP CPU 2.0GHz 20-Core 135W
its a engineering sample bought here:
http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB XTREME Gaming Graphic Card GV-N98TXTREME C-6GD

Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4-2133 MT/s (PC4-2133) CL15 DR x4 ECC RDIMM Server Memory CT2K16G4RFD4213/CT2C16G4RFD4213

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 80+ PLATINUM, 850W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty Power Supply

i followed all steps as described by metacolin in #33 except that i have only "success" with the following Fake CPUid´s
0x0306a0 or 0x0306E4

OS is 10.11.6
Both end up in the attached screenshot... any advice?

here the screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 05.15.39.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 05.15.39.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 267
Last edited:
@metacollin

could you provide me with a copy of your EFI partition? i am using very similar hardware to your build (only single CPU, and CPU little different) but it should work

i have tried the whole weekend possible combinations, followed various guides etc... but it all ends as of now with:

a panic caused by:

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0) as it can be seen above in the screenshot...
also still only 0x0306a0 or 0x0306E4 are working to prevent immediate reboot. What exact CPU´s are the people using with working builds, and what CPU´s are people using with problems? Maybe the Engineering Sample CPU´s require different fake CPU id´s? what other ID´s would you recommend to try out?

FYI i have attached a copy of my EFI partition...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 187
Good day everybody... i have solved my problem with AppleIntel CPU Power by using the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. further i use the FakeSMC.kext. with the bootflag npci=0x2000 i now reach until here.....

any comments and help?

Attachments

• 2016-08-22 17.17.10.jpg
    2016-08-22 17.17.10.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 199
  • EFI_Panamax.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
Good day everybody... i have solved my problem with AppleIntel CPU Power by using the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. further i use the FakeSMC.kext. with the bootflag npci=0x2000 i now reach until here.....

any comments and help?
I gave yours a shot and it segfaulted immediately. I'm using a z840, similar to @dvc9. Although, he's indicated it's very similar to the supermicro if not the same.

Unfortunately, when people get their stuff working, they no longer have been replying on this thread. I'm still stuck with my previously shown error.

yes this is very unfortunate :) but it means that its working steady and gives me hope i can make it work one day :)
@snookie... what exact cpu or CPU´s are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back