Contribute
Register

The Next CustoMac Mini on Sandybridge and Lion - ITX,HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splin said:
What chances are there to control that setup remotely?

Mac Mini comes with IR and support for Apple remote controller. Would that remote work out of the box or it would need further hacking?

I am planning to turn that mini into media station. Are there any well designed softwares what would allow to do that conveniently? It would need to read mkv, and avi and such. Like front row but more modern :)

Use Plex ---> http://plexapp.com/ . I personally recommend it above XBMC and Boxee. You can control with your iOS or Android device or the IR Apple Remote if you install a IR module. I have a similar plan for a hackmini type system.

thanks for all your work TonyMac

Could someone out there who has a mini its running with hd3000 graphics stick a watt meter on it ?

If the wattage is low enough it may run on a pico ps. this would open up more cases for consideration. there are cases for mini itx that fit on back of monitor or the beautiful wesena cases. Lower power would be a plus because other than Lian Li all use ps other than ATX. Usually they are SFX and under capacity for a video card.

Also there are a few mini its boards that have display port or mini display port are these more compatible with hd 3000 on mac. iMacs had a mini dvi port and new ones claim to in Apple ad but it is nowhere to be found. a safari to best buy will tell me if new ones only have thunderbolt.

A z68 mirrors the hardware of iMac so with display port built in,would compatibility with hd3000 be enhanced

potemkin said:
thanks for all your work TonyMac

Could someone out there who has a mini its running with hd3000 graphics stick a watt meter on it ?

my H67 rig in my sig with the i3-2100 has about 80W full load and 23W idle. a picoPSU is MOST enough, without a discrete VGA. this is with the wesena picoPSU.

I'm gonna change for a 2105 tomorrow and repost.

Have a 2105 in a weseena itx2 with a 120 picu psu
Works fine I have not put a DVD drive in it I think it will run hot if I put one reduced airflow cause there is little room between the heat sink and the DVD tray but works fine no issues no sleep though (but I have not tried to fix it)

tonymacx86 said:
Here's what I got, and it should be the next CustoMac Mini. Look for it on the blog after we get HDMI audio working!

cmm2011.png

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Amazon Newegg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Amazon Newegg

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Amazon Newegg

Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Amazon Newegg

Any update on this build? I need help as I just began this build a few days again, with a SilverStone SG05 case; so far, not looking very good. Here is what I did:
- I was able to boot using iBoot and install Snow Leopard using a retail install DVD, and boot up the system with the new SL install. But I don't see any network so can't connect to the internet.
- Using USB stick, I transferred a copy of the SL 10.6.8 update dmg file and run the install, but the system crashes at the end of the install (at the stage of "moving files into places"). So it didn't even give me a chance to run MultiBeast
- After that, I can't boot back up the system using the new SL install. The system crashes at start-up (kernel panic of some kind from what I can see booting with verbose option)
- What I had to do to get my machine back is to boot using iBoot and re-partition and re-install SL from the retail DVD
- I tried to run MultiBeast without the SL 10.6.8 update, but still don't have network, graphics or audio working.
- I also updated Chimera to 1.5.

So I am at this point totally stumped. I would love to know:
1. if you had the same issue updating to SL 10.6.8
2. did you have any of the drivers working other than HDMI, and how did you do it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: I am an iBoot-MultiBeast noob, but I did build a desktop using Chameleon 3 years or so ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use this Mainboard (H67M-D2-B3 Rev.1.1, because it's a CustoMac recommendation :)) with 2x2GB RAM and a I3-2105 without an additional graphic card. I installed OSX Lion from my Main Hackintosh using OSX Lion. After this I installed DSDT from tonymac (without it will stop with a kernel panic) using Multibeast 3.8. I installed in the same step Intel Ethernet drivers and repaired the permissions etc. After it I installed the Chimera 1.5.3 to get the HD3000 injection. After starting with Chimera 1.5.3. it shows the right CPU name, ID, the correct HD3000 with ID0112 and after all kexts are loaded and the system is starting I still get this "Buffer Allocate ..." something-Error and the GUI will not start. When I use the older Chimera 1.4.1 and use my modified kexts, in which i have added the ID0102 (not 0112) in the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, I can get into the GUI but without QE&CI. I did not modified the original DSDT from the Download area here. I assume there is a way to inject it, but why it doesn't work with the chimera 1.5.3, which should do it automatically? Do I have to do something else, should I modify the above named kexts in another way or the DSDT? I changed also the used graphic RAM from 64MB to 384MB in the bios. It doesn't help as well. Is there somebody with the same problem and could fix it or did I something wrong? I tried now minimum 20 times to get the Lion with Chimera 1.5.3 running, but it will not run. I'm a little bit frustrated now and need some help. :(

Dulmer

Hi everybody in the Tonymac-Forum, ;)

I'm wondering, that nobody from this exciting forum has maybe the same issue as me with the I3-2105 and HD3000 graphic, which will not run with hardware acceleration in OSX 10.7 Lion.

If somebody can read this, who may have a better knowledge than me, please help me?
If I should provide some further information, please let me know.

Dulmer

Dulmer said:
I use this Mainboard (H67M-D2-B3 Rev.1.1, because it's a CustoMac recommendation :)) with 2x2GB RAM and a I3-2105 without an additional graphic card. I installed OSX Lion from my Main Hackintosh using OSX Lion. After this I installed DSDT from tonymac (without it will stop with a kernel panic) using Multibeast 3.8. I installed in the same step Intel Ethernet drivers and repaired the permissions etc. After it I installed the Chimera 1.5.3 to get the HD3000 injection. After starting with Chimera 1.5.3. it shows the right CPU name, ID, the correct HD3000 with ID0112 and after all kexts are loaded and the system is starting I still get this "Buffer Allocate ..." something-Error and the GUI will not start. When I use the older Chimera 1.4.1 and use my modified kexts, in which i have added the ID0102 (not 0112) in the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, I can get into the GUI but without QE&CI. I did not modified the original DSDT from the Download area here. I assume there is a way to inject it, but why it doesn't work with the chimera 1.5.3, which should do it automatically? Do I have to do something else, should I modify the above named kexts in another way or the DSDT? I changed also the used graphic RAM from 64MB to 384MB in the bios. It doesn't help as well. Is there somebody with the same problem and could fix it or did I something wrong? I tried now minimum 20 times to get the Lion with Chimera 1.5.3 running, but it will not run. I'm a little bit frustrated now and need some help. :(

Dulmer

user137 said:
Dulmer said:
I'm a little bit frustrated now and need some help. :(
Dulmer

try here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26370

I've seen this thread, and therefore I edited both kext-files with the ID0112, but it doesn't work for some reason, which I do not understand at the moment. The curious thing is further, when I use the ID0x01028086 (I3-2100) instead of the needed ID0112 of my i3-2105, then I can get into my OSX but QE/CI is not working. I understood from the TonyMac posting, that Chimera 1.5 is doing the needed changes during the startup, but this is also the case in my system. I still get the Transcript blablabla error. Did you get your I3-2100 running with full QE/CI and if yes, what did you do? Could you may post your modified kext-Files, so that I may can check, what's the difference between yours and my.

Dulmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back