Contribute
Register

The Next CustoMac Mini on Sandybridge and Lion - ITX,HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
2100 has the old hd2000 gfx and is unsupported, sorry ur out of luck..
you need the hd3000 which is 2105...

haris2887 said:
2100 has the old hd2000 gfx and is unsupported, sorry ur out of luck..
you need the hd3000 which is 2105...

It seems, that I'm misunderstood. :? I use the I3-2105, which contains the HD3000, so I should not be out of luck for all the time. ;) That was exactly the reason to send my bought I3-2100 back and to get the I3-2105, which I use now. But I'm not able to get QE/CI in Lion with modified kext or with Chimera 1.5.3. If you have any real help, what I may did wrong or do you have modified kexts with ID for I3-2105, I kindly ask you to place this information here.

I added my edited kext with the "wrong" ID0102, but with these kexts I can get into the GUI but without QE/CI. If maybe somebody can have a look and tell me, why these kexts maybe work for the I3-2105 but without QE/CI and if somebody have ideas or any solution, what I should do to get my I3 with full gfx-support, I would be very thankful.

regards, Dulmer

Attachments

• edited Kexts ID0102 RunOK.zip
    800.1 KB · Views: 55
When i was repairing an older hackintosh I noticed there was a post 10.6.8 update for snow leopard to fix sound issues with hdmi in real macs. Is one of the holdups with this new custo mac problems with hdmi. How does the new chimera update work with this build?

have a 2105 in a h67n and tried using the hdmi dsdt and the patched hda
kext

tried with existing and new install, using multi beast and next beast
nothing showing in system preferences

could it be because of the different processors 2105/ 2405 although i don't think so

another thing the hdmi out under the usb ports, the system slows down to almost stop as soon as system is booted (unusable) vga is the same
(only reason i bring it up is tony said somewhere that its the second hdmi port that works with sound)

if i switch from the working hdmi out to the other it works but thats a pain

everything works perfect with win 7

bought the system for this purpose mini itx case
so ild like to get it working

set bios to achi( f7)
and 64 bit
did i miss anything
appreciate some help

thanx for the reply

ethree said:
Has anyone plans to use the new 2125 released earlier this week? A few extra dollars but faster clock than the 2105.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819115093

http://ark.intel.com/products/59080/Int ... e-3_30-GHz)

edit: Newegg lists as HD2000, where as Intel lists as HD3000.

I just bought (20 min ago) the i3-2125 (in order to use the HD graphics included) on my new hackintosh and i'm getting scary reading your post :eek:
But it looks like NewEgg corrected the mistake (it's detailed as HD 3000 now...).

I hope everything's gonna be alright! :confused:

Is there anyway you can use dual monitors on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back