Contribute
Register

The Beast: i7 3770K | Z77-DS3H | Intel 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing there is is iMessage if your using Chimera or Chameleon then you will have to inject your System ID in order to fix the SId bug its easy enough unless you use Clover but this board is perfect :thumbup:

OS X runs flawless on the Z77-DS3H I've got this board as my main hack runs perfect everything works pretty much out of the box :headbang: shout out to this motherboard tho :thumbup:

thx, because i´m looking to buy ga-z77x-up5 th and ga-z77x-up4 th but no way to find to buy don´t exist and i think i buy the Z77-DS3H because this motherboard i find it. thx a lot.
No way to finde this motherboard impossible to buy.

thx, because i´m looking to buy ga-z77x-up5 th and ga-z77x-up4 th but no way to find to buy don´t exist and i think i buy the Z77-DS3H because this motherboard i find it. thx a lot.
No way to finde this motherboard impossible to buy.
I would not recommend you buy a Thunderbolt 1 motherboard unless you have Thunderbolt 1 peripherals. Buy a good, used Gigabyte Z77X motherboard. :thumbup:

I would not recommend you buy a Thunderbolt 1 motherboard unless you have Thunderbolt 1 peripherals. Buy a good, used Gigabyte Z77X motherboard. :thumbup:

I live in spain, and imposible to buy a gigabyte z77 right now, they say no existe any more, i try all the it store and one star find me the asrock z77m so i buy this motherboard. I see in amazon two motherboards gigabyte but is used.
Thx for all man, when all works i make a tutorial.

Unfortunately, most Z77X boards are no longer being manufactured :/. It is still possible to find them on ebay or other auction sites, but they will usually be more than retail. I've looked at updating to a UP5-TH but none were available at the time.

Fantastic writeup dmeadows013,

In Clover Configurator (your config.plist), you should disable the following;

• KernelPm (that's for Haswel power management support).
  • Asus AICPUM (that's only for motherboards with a locked MSR. Gigabyte mobos are unlocked !)
instead of patching Trim via MultiBeast (and waiting for the newest Trim command line info to come out), it's best to patch Trim via Clover instead. Clover will auto patch after every OSX version update.

here's the Trim code you can paste into your config.plist using a non Apple text editor e.g, Text Wrangler;

Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QVBQTEUgU1NE
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Trim Enabler</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Note: that in practice, you would be pasting the above code into your exisiting Kext To Patch array thus you copy and paste at <dict> to </dict>

I have supplied a modified config.plist, edited from your own supplied config-4.plist incl. the mentioned disabled boot flags should anybody with a Z77-DS3H be interested.

Yeah I did do the TRIM adjustment at some point, just never updated this post with it. Thanks for the tip on those unneeded patches as well!

oh i see i know amazon UK and US ships to different countries so enquire about shipping also on other sites :)

oh i see i know amazon UK and US ships to different countries so enquire about shipping also on other sites :)

thx for the answer,
i contact with the seller and she told me may no shipp to spain. Today i try to buy the asrock z77m if i´m lucky.

Hi man,
Today i start to install on motherboard asrock Z77M because no way to buy the gigabyte, i try to install but allways the same error, WARNING: IOPlataformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is a unknow CPU model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported. Any sugestin? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back