Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have FakeSMC plugin for nvidia gpu's?

this gave me kernal panics i just removed them and the machine worked again.

i dont care about these tempetures becasue in windows under load it only get to 55 degrees.

Mosser , pbryanw

Thank you.

I have a big problem.
I don't know if cancel the order and buy a GTX 650ti or GTX 660 ti.
I want something that works out of the box in 10.8.2, because now i have a few problems to resolve without the card.
For example, my HD4000 screwed up on login screen.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/73558-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8.html

Sending the GTX 660 Twin Frozr by the store will be this afternoon at 8h.

I have to make a decision. Or I join the club, or buy another graphic XDXD

Clearly I can not get the 10.8.1 version of Lion Mountain officially right?

I bought mountain lion 10.8.0 in July on iTunes, but only can download 10.8.2 from iTunes. ahhhh .....

Thank you again. I appreciate the information.

fresch

I hope someone can help you too.

Regards :)

When i installed mountain lion with unibeast and multibeast all perfect. Two reboots and login screen ok.

But when i installed the software (you can see the software i have installed in the link) and create the second user, when i reboot have this problem with login screen.

If i boot with -x , -v no problem
If i boot normally, get the problem. At this time if i push power button (sleep) and then push again (wake), the login screen is perfect. I don't know what is the problem.

Other info: I have hdmi connection with Mac Pro deffinition. I don't selected any deffinition on multibeast. Only selected the options in this post for asus p8z77-m pro
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/73558-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x.html

Thanks for the info :)

Attachments

• Asus-MB.png
    Asus-MB.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 34326d1349899180-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8074783270_6783fea8fc_c.jpg
    34326d1349899180-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8074783270_6783fea8fc_c.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 34329d1349899252-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8074788899_97e4b08736_c.jpg
    34329d1349899252-z77-matx-motherboards-os-x-8074788899_97e4b08736_c.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 237
can you get it to boot without the software with the GTX 660? and login without problems?

can you get it to boot without the software with the GTX 660? and login without problems?

First sorry if my english is not very good and for the little offtopic.

I don't have the GTX 660 TF yet, but the vendor will send it to me today and the deliver will be on monday.
That's the reason why i need to decide quickly to change or not the graphic card for another model.

Now i am using only the HD4000. All works ok including logging screen. But when i installed those programs (see the image) and create the second user, when i reboot the system get this logging screen image.

Now i can't do it because i'm not in home, but in a few hours i will put a verbose screen to see what happens.

PD: I'm not installed any nvidia software because i don't have the card yet. No FakeSMC plugin. Only selected the multibeast options of the image.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. ;)

i understand.

well i can confirm the 660GTX works well then. dont know why your machine crashed with the software and extra user.

I can confirm that I am happy at the moment too with my MSI GTX 660.

I think my troubles were caused by the system I was bringing the card onto having had a few too many system tweaks over time. Having now gone back to basics I now have a system that seems stable and that will not panic now when switching between integrated and discrete graphics.

I am now going to do the update to 10.8.2 having cloned my 10.8.1 system (just in case!). I guess when that is done I can finally start testing out the actual graphics a bit more.....

nice to hear could you explain how to enable switching of graphics card or is it in the bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back