Contribute
Register

Test Drive: How to Create a Clover USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood but I thought the idea behind building it on the USB stick was so you could test things to make sure everything is working. As it's not I thought I would ask the question.
If you do not want to do terminal work in Single User Mode the easiest way to test drive and recover is to:
1. Create the Clover Test USB
2. On a second USB drive create a recovery boot drive by formatting a small USB drive and installing the same files with MultiBeast to this drive that you installed to your hard drive.
3. Use show all files app or terminal to show all files.
4. Locate the boot file in the OS X root directory and move it to your desktop.
5. reboot with the Clover USB.

If Clover fails or is otherwise unsatisfactory, boot with the MultiBeast rescue USB and move the boot file back to root from the desktop.

Hello,
I've tried tried guide above. But I always got the follwoing error:
b1f: init
b1f: error

I'm using Clover in legacy mode and want to install OSX on my Laptop. Let me know I you need to know my system hardware or the config.plist.

I hope you can help me.

P.S. Sorry for my bad German English :D

Hello,
I've tried tried guide above. But I always got the follwoing error:

I'm using Clover in legacy mode and want to install OSX on my Laptop. Let me know I you need to know my system hardware or the config.plist.

I hope you can help me.

P.S. Sorry for my bad German English :D

For specific laptop problems it is best to post it in the laptop forum.
Is your laptop set up for UEFI booting Windows (if that is the OS currently running)?
If it is, Clover legacy will not boot it. Try with a Clover EFI selection set instead.

PS: Your English is fine - you would not want to hear my German mispronounced or see it mispelled:lol: . I only had a single year of it in school 50+ years ago and it is really rusty!

The guide was really precious, I'm now able to boot my system (I'm writing from it, actually), using Clover on the USB stick.

The only thing I can't get running when using the system booted from Clover, is the Audio (ALC889).

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong in preparing the USB Clover key. I put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 the kext for FakeSMC, my patched network kext (IO80211Family.kext injected with my TL-WN881ND Pci express card) and it works.
I tried then to put also my AppleHDA.kext patched for ALC889, and configured config.plist in the Audio section with Inject value to 2 (3 ports audio_id), but everytime I boot with clover, it sees no audio cards.

When I boot with my legacy Chimera boot from the HD, both audio and network runs fine.

I'm quite at loss in understanding what I'm doing wrong. The system is in my signature and with chimera is working like a charm.

I set this up last year an have been working fine. But I still don't have any on board sound drivers. Any news on how to sort them out? I been using my out broad sound card, but need to disable then out broad cos its conflicting with some stuff.

Hey dud you ever get to the bottom of the audio issues??

For the F***ING life of me could not make this guide work (on z9PE-D8 ws)!!!
And then, instead of installing it on GUID, I did it w. MBR and behold - UEFI boot let's go!

seems i missed something....

once i install clover on the usb, and i get the success windows. i close it, open up the drive and its empty. was looking to find this:

16. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
17. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add FakeSMC.kext
18. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add your ethernet kext
19. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
21. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

where is #16-#21? is the drive suppose to be empty after install?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back