Contribute
Register

Successful Yosemite Install Gigabyte H97N-WiFI Intel i3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tony would do Key Notes he might say: "the best guide we ever made" ;)
Back to main menu: is anyone facing LAN,WiFi and Bluetooth issues like me on H97N-Wifi? All with stable out-of-box experience here?

On my end after Yosemite installation my LAN was fine, then gone. Same feelings with WiFi and Bluetooth. Sometimes available, next reboot not. I had to install AppleIntelE1000e 3.1.0 from MultiBeast to have at least stable LAN.

Can live without WiFi & BT, but would like to solve.

Have a nice one.

If Tony would do Key Notes he might say: "the best guide we ever made" ;)
Back to main menu: is anyone facing LAN,WiFi and Bluetooth issues like me on H97N-Wifi? All with stable out-of-box experience here?

On my end after Yosemite installation my LAN was fine, then gone. Same feelings with WiFi and Bluetooth. Sometimes available, next reboot not. I had to install AppleIntelE1000e 3.1.0 from MultiBeast to have at least stable LAN.

Can live without WiFi & BT, but would like to solve.

Have a nice one.

I also have H97N-WIFI, i3-4150, and EVGA GT740SC. My WiFi and LAN aren't working. Haven't tested BT yet though. However, I have bought a replacement WiFi card, so I'll install next thursday (building the trash can mac pro replica for school).

I've done this to my hack and I get "... no such file or directory..." I had found the kext manually in finder and deleted it before however my Front Panel USB's still aren't working. Any ideas?

I just did this. I was able to get yosimite installed with no issues.i restarted after running multibeast and now I'm stuck currently on the apple boot up screen. Any ideas?

update: i started from scratch and managed to get it to work. I can't get from usbs to work. Bluetooth is also not working.ethernet isn't either.

update 2: managed to get ethernet working. bluetooth still a no go. imessage is not working. sleep/wake work. audio works through headphones. i have no hdmi audio. will try to resolve the issues tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, having problems with stock Wifi card on a clean Yosemite build. Any suggestions or ideas?

Yes, having problems with stock Wifi card on a clean Yosemite build. Any suggestions or ideas?

As far as I undertanad, the stock wifi card does not work for wifi in OS X. The Bluetooth is supposed to work but It had it worked in the first boot before it stopped working. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

I also have the same issue with bluetooth. It was working after first install. Then it magically disappeared. Tried to reinstall Yosemite from the very beginning and still cant get it work

Ok, I think I found how to make bluetooth work. At least in my case.

First I've deleted intel ethernet kext. I had AppleIntelE1000e installed, so I went to /System/Library/Extensions and removed it.
Then I switched lan wire to atheros port (from LAN1 to LAN2). LAN1 was working even without drivers despite there are no device in System Preferences - Network. But it's weird, I can't access any settings.

So I switched to LAN2 port, but it wasn't working. Other guides tells that AtherosL1cEthernet should be installed to make it work.
In my case AtherosL1cEthernet is not working for lan2 ethernet, device list is empty. I don't know why.
So I've tried to install AtherosE2200Ethernet kext and yes, it starts working.

Also before doing all this stuff I had freezes (hangs) on boot/reboot/shutdown very often. Now all freezes are gone. It seems that Intel ethernet driver was causing some conflicts.

Hope this will help anyone :)

I just switched ports on my hack and Bluetooth works. THANKS.

Still no imessage. I can get into bonjour but can not activate my iMessage account. FaceTime works. So do calls. The only issues I have on my build are iMessage and wifi(need new card). I also have some issues with Ubuntu not showing up on my boot loader.

update: rodee triple boot oasis. Still no iMessage.

Last edited:
Hi,

I update from Mavericks to Yosemite on my GA-H67N-WIFI and it is incredibly much stable and faster than before !
The config I have is Core i7 and Geforce GTX650. Everything is working well except wifi card (not supported) and :

This is were I need some help : I have no sound but the sound card seems well recognized.

Any suggestion about this ?

Thanks !

[EDIT] I just re-install ALC892 from Multicast and it solved it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back