Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS, Writing in Progress] Acer 5749 Hardware Guide + Mavericks 100%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have to do a new fresh install to try this out Lol.
Stop working on DSDT, I have a fully working one, unless your system is different than mine.
Sorry for late replies last week guys, I'm a bit busy with my desktop hackintosh :p

Edit: Everything is working, thanks for the kext.
The full guide will hopefully be here today or tomorrow.

Trick to get webcam working:
http://netkas.org/?p=909

I have fixed HDMI video too:
View attachment AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Any ideas how to fix HDMI audio?

Update:
Made WiFi working with this cheap card:
here
Just added it's ID to IO80211Family.kext

Still don't have HDMI audio...

Acer 5749 Mavericks Guide
& Hardware Guide

This thread is about the Acer 5749 Second Generation Notebook and installing Mavericks as well as replacing hardware.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2350M (Dual Core, 2.3 GHz, with Hyperthreading and SpeedStep, no Turbo Boost)
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 1066 MHz SO-DIMM
Chipset: Intel HM65
SATA Ports: 2x Sata III (6Gbps) Ports, one for HDD and one for DVD
HDD: 320GB WD Blue 2.5” 9mm 5400RPM
USB Hubs:
1- Front Camera USB Hub
2- 2x USB Ports on right side, 1x on left side.
All USB Devices have 480Mbps Speed and get 5v500mAh of power, 2.5 Effective Watts.
LAN: Atheros AR8152 v2.0 Fast Ethernet 100Mbps

WLAN: Atheros AR9485
Audio: Intel HD Audio
Graphics: Intel HD 3000 (Dependant on CPU)
Display: 1366x768 15” LCD Display (VA I think)
HDMI Port
VGA Port
Battery: AS10D31 10.8V 4400mAh 47.5 Wh Battery, about 3 Hours of usage.
Power Adapter: 19V 3.4 mAh Effective 65W, Charges Fully in 40-50 Minutes.

NOTE: This laptop has a bluetooth module but I broke mine, I think it used to work in mac(?) It's atheros anyways.

Working Under Mavericks:
CPU: With Speedstep, using patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and Proper SSDT (I think it doesn’t require SSDT, though, doesn’t hurt to use one.), Sleep Works Perfectly.
LAN: Working with ALXEthernet driver.
Audio: Working with VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.4
Graphics: Working with Native Mavericks Kexts, need workaround first.
Display: Full Resolution with brightness working.
HDMI Port: Works natively
Battery: Shows percentage and apps using significant power
Camera: Works OOTB Because USB ;)

Not Working Under Mavericks:

WLAN: Atheros AR9485 Not supported in OSX, no drivers for it, alternatives available.
VGA Port: Real Macs don’t have VGA Ports anyways..
Hibernate: This is a common issue with Hackintosh in general, Hibernation was broken since Lion.

Parts that can be replaced:

1- CPU: Uses PGA998b socket, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH PGA998a, PGA998a is an older socket.)
Can replace CPU with wide range of CPUs from Intel, I have tested replacing my i3 2350M with an i7 2670QM, worked perfectly,
but not sure if Ivy Bridge works.
2- RAM: Supports 1066Mhz and 1333Mhz, the BIOS down clocks it down to 1066 but Mac OSX overclocks it to 1333 Automatically.

3- DVD Burner can be replaced with another one or a second HDD/SSD using an HDD Caddy, works perfectly.
4- HDD can obviously be replaced no problem.
5- WLAN Can be replaced, AR9285 is said to work in OSX, I replaced mine to an old one from a 2006 Macbook, it stopped working under Mountain Lion though.
6- Battery: There are higher capacity ones made by AGPTek, they’re awesome, 10.8V and 6600mAh 71.2Wh which extends the battery life to 5-7 Hours per charge, highly recommended, Especially when you upgrade the CPU to a Quad-Core like I did ;)
7- Display: I’m not sure about this but it could be replaceable.

Guide to be written when I’m finished with my Exams, Later!
Hay Bro Please Make A Full Video Review How To Install Mavericks And How TO Bootable Usb Please Give ME Full Video Guide Thanks Please Replay My Comment I Have Also Same Laptop Installed Windows 7 x64 Sp 1 I Want To Install Mac With Dual Boot Please Make A Video Thanks Bye Have A Good Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back