Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Supermicro X8DAL-I & Dual Xeons X5675

Status
Not open for further replies.
The small three driver doesn't work... Other than that, my system is running well. Sleep works now.

Bummer. I would just stick with the 82574L and keep it simple.

Hi audioguyjosh,

I'm turning back to Chimera.... In clover, I mange to get the ethernet to work with AppleIGB.kext, but It work for a while and all of a sudden it totally couldn't boot the next day. Using the Appleintel100e.kext I could login into app store cause the system don't recognise the card as builtin.

So the Chimera seems more stable than the Clover for me.... even OsX update 2016-001 hasn't give me ant problem.

I may be building anotehr system with a new board, but for now I'm afraid I have to stick to Chimera.

Anyway, Thanks for all the help!!! It is very much appreciated.

Hi audioguyjosh,

I'm turning back to Chimera.... In clover, I mange to get the ethernet to work with AppleIGB.kext, but It work for a while and all of a sudden it totally couldn't boot the next day. Using the Appleintel100e.kext I could login into app store cause the system don't recognise the card as builtin.

So the Chimera seems more stable than the Clover for me.... even OsX update 2016-001 hasn't give me ant problem.

I may be building anotehr system with a new board, but for now I'm afraid I have to stick to Chimera.

Anyway, Thanks for all the help!!! It is very much appreciated.

Be prepared to reinstall Yosemite as Chimera does not work with El Capitan.

Oh yes, My bad. I meant to be turning back to Yosemite with Chimera. Yosemite with clover also having the same problem with Ethernet.

In a last ditch effort, I have used RehabMan's Nullethernet kext, and the system finally recognised the ethernet as built in.

Let see if it can be as stable as the Chimera Yosemite build from here on.

Hi Audioguyjosh,

Now my system is fully working in El capitan, iMessage, FaceTime, sleep all are working. And looks to be stable.

Ethernet I have to use an Intel 82574 ethernet card, with Nullethernet.kext from RehabMan.

Sleep function needs to disable deep sleep, but I can't tell the different between deep sleep and normal sleep. the Hac seems totally shutdown,fans also shut down. and wake up pretty fast. So I'm happy with it. I disable deep sleep according to ammulder's "Big list of solution for El Capitan Problems", which is a terminal code "sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0".

Thanks for all the information to all of you who have contributed!!

HI,

Thanks for posting all the info on this build. I've had success building a similar system and it runs great.

One slight problem is the boot time. It seems to take about 3 minutes to get to the apple boot screen, once there it's very quick. My boot drive is an ssd. Also I can't disable the onboard VGA without it affecting my GTX 480 GPU.

Did you change any settings for quicker boot times or graphics options?

Thanks

HI,

Thanks for posting all the info on this build. I've had success building a similar system and it runs great.

One slight problem is the boot time. It seems to take about 3 minutes to get to the apple boot screen, once there it's very quick. My boot drive is an ssd. Also I can't disable the onboard VGA without it affecting my GTX 480 GPU.

Did you change any settings for quicker boot times or graphics options?

Thanks

If there is one thing to complain about with my system it's the boot time. But that being said the motherboard, I'm sure, wasn't designed to be an every day computer. I don't know that mine is quite 3 minutes but I make sure it's the first thing I turn on when I get to the studio because it is still the last thing fully up after turning on all my power conditioners for the audio equipment.

It's just a drawback of a motherboard that wasn't meant for the impatient general public. Fortunately it is a super stable and powerful system.

Hi,

Thanks for the build post, gave me some hope for my own build.
I'm running a Supermicro X8DTH-IF with a pair of X5670s.
I read through the X58 El Capitan post and your build post, but I still can't get the thing to get past the Clover Bootloader.
After I select the usb install drive in Clover I just get a blank screen with or without verbose mode.

Any tips? What's your Bios setup? It is my understanding that our motherboards are quite similar.

Things I did up to now:

In Bios : AHCI & Disable Vt-d.
In Cloverconfig : FixHPET FixDTGP FixDarwin FixIPIC AddMCHC FixUSB

Cheers,

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back