Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Old School - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P / Q9650 / 8GB DDR2 / GTX280

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into a potential dealbreaker - app store is not recognizing my apple id as the same one from the previous install. I'm not about to repurchase all of my downloads, so I have to figure this one out before I switch to MV for good.

Everything works on my EP45-UD3P motherboard except for the front audio jack. The OS recognizes the port but no sound comes out. Sound is present in the main speakers if I select the input. Haven't figured out the issue yet.

Here is my boot.plist in case you're interested:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
	<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>4</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>4</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Everything works on my EP45-UD3P motherboard except for the front audio jack. The OS recognizes the port but no sound comes out. Sound is present in the main speakers if I select the input. Haven't figured out the issue yet.

Here is my boot.plist in case you're interested:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRootUID</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
	<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>
	<key>AtiPorts</key>
	<string>4</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>4</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I finally figured it out !

for anyone who needs this info. Make your USB Unibeast

1) Boot from USB
2) Slap Flag

<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
3) use installer to go to diskutil format your drive should appear now.
4) search google how to make a DSDT.aml its cake but you have to boot from usb stick,thats key don't install a boot loader to your HD and extract your DSDT because then you will have a jacked up system.
5) once you have your dsdt you'll need to patch it > google is your friend search : EP45UD3P DSDT pack or patch
6) after patching run multi beast only run userDSDT and audio> AL889a user DSDT thats it. If your drives don't show up you'll need to install block storage to see internal drive instead of those pesky oranges

Now if we could move on , I can't seem to get my sleep to work fast and wake without me pushing my power button, let me know if any one has got sleep to work perfect without any kexts. DSDT edits are welcome =) PS if anyone can't seem to find the pack to patch shoot me a PM I'm sure i can upload it.

Ran into a potential dealbreaker - app store is not recognizing my apple id as the same one from the previous install. I'm not about to repurchase all of my downloads, so I have to figure this one out before I switch to MV for good.

The apple id problem is known around here, and there's a solution -- it fixed app store for me at least.

Can't find the original source now, but basically:

- remove Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / NetworkInterfaces.plist
- go to System Preferences -> Network. Remove everything in the side pane.
- reboot

The apple id problem is known around here, and there's a solution -- it fixed app store for me at least.

Can't find the original source now, but basically:

- remove Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / NetworkInterfaces.plist
- go to System Preferences -> Network. Remove everything in the side pane.
- reboot

Thanks, I will try that out tonight. I have been working on the MV project late at night and wasn't thinking clearly when I ran into the App Store issue.

I cheated with the audio and resorted to a USB dongle for now.

I did an upgrade rather than a clean install on top of Mountain Lion 10.8.5. I've been running Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain successfully on this platform and now, Mavericks! To get beyond the black screen for installation, I had to dump my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, SMBIOS.plist and custom DSDT.aml in the Extra folder on my UniBeast USB stick. After that, the installation would start and allow me to upgrade to Mavericks. Before that I had tried every combination of GraphsEnabler, IGPEnabler, PCIRootUID to no avail.

I finished with only my slightly modified org.chameleon.Boot.plist, left the SMBIOS.plist untouched from Mountain Lion's version, installed the latest FakeSMC.kext inthe Extra\Extension folder and installed the latest Chimera Bootloader. To get audio, I used my modified AppleHDA.kext from previous versions.

Only one problem remained and that was Auto-Sleep. Manual sleep, from the Apple menu, worked right off but Auto-Sleep would not. After some digging, and using the terminal command, "pmset -g assertions", I realized that my Spotlight databases and/or indexes were damaged from the upgrade. After using the Spotlight Preferences Privacy pane to clean that up It was fixed! Now Auto-Sleep also works as it should.

Great Work Guys! This really was pretty easy and you guys at TonyMac are the best.

I finished with only my slightly modified org.chameleon.Boot.plist, left the SMBIOS.plist untouched from Mountain Lion's version, installed the latest FakeSMC.kext inthe Extra\Extension folder and installed the latest Chimera Bootloader. To get audio, I used my modified AppleHDA.kext from previous versions.

Did you use a DSDT? Also - would you mind uploading your org.chameleon.Boot.plist? I had this working except for an Apple ID issue then my MV hard drive gave me the click of death. I reinstalled from the ground up on a new drive, using the same exact boot.plist, but for some reason I have to manually enter GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot even though this is in my Boot.plist.

Thanks and congrats on the success.

Did you use a DSDT? Also - would you mind uploading your org.chameleon.Boot.plist? I had this working except for an Apple ID issue then my MV hard drive gave me the click of death. I reinstalled from the ground up on a new drive, using the same exact boot.plist, but for some reason I have to manually enter GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot even though this is in my Boot.plist.

Thanks and congrats on the success.

I've attached my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and my SMBIOS.plist for you. Four attachments, The ones marked "On Install USB" are the ones that I put on the install stick used to get UniBeast to boot to the installer and the ones marked Final are the ones that are now on my hard drive with the latest Chimera.

Don't forget that I also put my DSDT.aml file on the Unibeast install USB stick too. My DSDT.aml was extracted from my Gigabyte Motherboard, GA-EP45-UD3P, version 1.6 with Bios FE. My Video card is a EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+. I use the two ethernet ports on the Motherboard, as well as, the ALC889a audio on the MB.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist.Final.txt
    808 bytes · Views: 470
  • SMBIOS.plist.Final.txt
    637 bytes · Views: 480
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.On-Install-USB.txt
    908 bytes · Views: 448
  • SMBIOS.plist.On-Install-USB.txt
    466 bytes · Views: 454
I ran the bios settings exactly like I get the installer to run , all the way to the welcome ( ready to install screen) None of my volumes show up.

1) Set the bios to( http://lifehacker.com/5351553/hackintosh-bios-gallery/ )
ACHI 64bit HEPT and all the other goodies. Also boot with USB at startup

2) Boot Flags used Darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

3) The system slows down waiting for bluetooth, skips over and moves to a few sound assertions. After 3 minutes the system sluggishly loads to the installer.

4) Im greeted with the installer, i click on disk utilities but no volumes show up to be formatted except for USB devices ( Unibeast )

Make sure the HDD you want to install is on port0, the ports should be AHCI, and that the HDD is 2TB or smaller. When doing a clean install - I always use Darik's Boot and Nuke utility CD to wipe the drive clean before install a fresh OS. But that's just me. Dirty install worked on one system and I used a clean install on another without issue.

I have three versions of the board with 1.6v, a 1.1v and a 1.0v EP45-ud3p, two running Q6600 and the primary rig running a Q9650.

My BIOS settings are lifehacker compliant.

I also use a DSDT.aml file when doing a clean install.

My drives are WD and Maxtor - no problems with either of these HDD as primary or not.

Thanks for the help. I have Mountain Lion on the same board, but wasn't able to get Mavericks going.
Will give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back