Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Nick's HackPro Home Studio Workstation: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your reply. I have build an other hackintosh (GA-Z87X-D3H (rev 1.0) - Core i7-4770K) when installing mavericks X.9.4 i got Boot errors after completion. I installed Mavericks x.9.2 and all went fine. applied multibeast 6.3.1 all was working than upgraded to OSX 9.4 (combo) reapplied multibeast audio only and system was good. Problem lies in upgrading after having used an old multiebeast than completely applying Multibeast 6.3.1 with old settings. Not sure where to go but will keep trying i guess.

I wonder if the rev of the MB has anything to do with this.
See the information marked important bottom of this post. :thumbup:

Which RAM are you using? Probably that's the problem. Go to memory list support of the motherboard on Gigabyte's website and choose one of them. Or you can purchase the kit that I'm using which is at 2400mhz for best performance!

Actually I've been reading a ton and from what I've read the RAM needs to be compatible with both the motherboard and the CPU. Especially because Haswell tends to not like older memory so the memory needs to be Haswell approved. I was checking the specifications of yours and it says that This vicious Beast is designed to work with third-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processos same as mine, I have a G.Skill 32GB that is design for all the other generations BUT the 4th one.

thanks for your reply. I have build an other hackintosh (GA-Z87X-D3H (rev 1.0) - Core i7-4770K) when installing mavericks X.9.4 i got Boot errors after completion. I installed Mavericks x.9.2 and all went fine. applied multibeast 6.3.1 all was working than upgraded to OSX 9.4 (combo) reapplied multibeast audio only and system was good. Problem lies in upgrading after having used an old multiebeast than completely applying Multibeast 6.3.1 with old settings. Not sure where to go but will keep trying i guess.

I wonder if the rev of the MB has anything to do with this.
See the information marked important bottom of this post. :thumbup:
i did a clean install and used latest MB so dont think that has anything to do with this build right?
Boy! Was I having a bad day! :lol: I apologize for not focusing on your problem:
paupau2 said:
...when installing mavericks X.9.4 i got Boot errors after completion...
If the boot error was the "boot0" errors, then that tells me you're using a hard drive with Advanced Formatting. MacMan's boot0 Guide will help you get rid of those error.

If I'm still not understanding your situation, I apologize, again. It seems like you're moving in the right direction.

Boy! Was I having a bad day! :lol: I apologize for not focusing on your problem:If the boot error was the "boot0" errors, then that tells me you're using a hard drive with Advanced Formatting. MacMan's boot0 Guide will help you get rid of those error.

If I'm still not understanding your situation, I apologize, again. It seems like you're moving in the right direction.

Installing the system with OS X 9.4 gives me the 0 boot errors when installing the same system with OSX 9.2 all goes easy.

The problem lies in the fact that after applying MB 6.3.1, and rebooting the Audio seems to go whenever it's coming out of sleep mode.

Yesterday i tried for first time clover using the guide and at "Post Installation" section i read "However, getting post-installation 100% right for your system is something that needs to be done on a case by case basis."
So what changes should i do for my system?

P.S. This is a geekbench after format and overclock to 4.4... nice results uh?

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 3.38.41 AM.png

@NickMrg:
Man, your rig is supa-inspiring :headbang:
I'm a music producer as well, so I'll take example from your infos to try to build my first hackintosh.
Maybe I'll save something from GPU (I already own a GeForce 9500 Gt 1 Gb).
I still have a doubt about CPU: better to buy a CPU without cooling and buy a water cooling... or CPU with cooling associated is a good choice to start?
Can you confirm USB 3.0 fully functional ?
Thank you very much again for sharing!!!:clap:

Thanks mate!

USB 2/3 ports working 100%. If you don't plan to overlock water cooling is not really necessary. i7 4770K includes a fan so it will be ok. Also check out the new generation 4970K with 9 series gigabyte mobos in the buyer's guide.

Thanks Nick ;)
Should Yosemite works? (Sorry, my last question, I swear):rolleyes:

Yes Yosemite works flawlessly! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back