Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Nick's HackPro Home Studio Workstation: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hackintosh is running Logic and as stated before if you're doing music production the inboard graphics are fine. I'm running the HD4000 in mine and have two monitors

I'm going to be making virtually the same build. Is the Evga 770 4gb going to be compatible with these components?

I can't think of why would not be compatible. It's also in the buyer's guide so i guess you will not face any problem. By the way i was also thinking about the 4GB version in the beginning...

First of ll a great build, I myself build 3 times a GA-Z87X-D3H, but seem to end up at the same problem, problem is multibeast 6.3 and settings, after i apply the audio patch after updating to OS X 10.9.4 the audio seems to go after a few minutes or coming from sleep. after applying audio patch with multibeast 6.1 all is good.

Any suggestions on this.

Kind regards Paul

First of ll a great build, I myself build 3 times a GA-Z87X-D3H, but seem to end up at the same problem, problem is multibeast 6.3 and settings, after i apply the audio patch after updating to OS X 10.9.4 the audio seems to go after a few minutes or coming from sleep. after applying audio patch with multibeast 6.1 all is good.

Any suggestions on this.

Kind regards Paul

Hi Paul!

I don't have any problems with the audio. Try to use the latest version of Multibeast 6.3.1 and see if the problem still exists.

Do not use my configuration file. I use an audio interface and i haven't include the drivers for onboard audio.

Hi Nick,

I have the exact same build except that the GTX 770 is Asus. Have you had any random freezes from time to time? are you still using F7 for the BIOS?
I keep having random freezes and I'm going mad about it :(

Hi Daniel!

I have also read about freezes from other members with this board but fortunately I have not any freezes, after long testing and leaving the pc open for days. Yes i'm still using F7. Are you using the same RAM kit as me?

No, I'm not using the same ram kit that you have and I think that's the problem. I'm using 32gb of ram. Thanks for the reply! I'll have to dig more into it now.

Which RAM are you using? Probably that's the problem. Go to memory list support of the motherboard on Gigabyte's website and choose one of them. Or you can purchase the kit that I'm using which is at 2400mhz for best performance!

thanks for your reply. I have build an other hackintosh (GA-Z87X-D3H (rev 1.0) - Core i7-4770K) when installing mavericks X.9.4 i got Boot errors after completion. I installed Mavericks x.9.2 and all went fine. applied multibeast 6.3.1 all was working than upgraded to OSX 9.4 (combo) reapplied multibeast audio only and system was good. Problem lies in upgrading after having used an old multiebeast than completely applying Multibeast 6.3.1 with old settings. Not sure where to go but will keep trying i guess.

I wonder if the rev of the MB has anything to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back