Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Hasswell Refresh Z97X build: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT ATX - i7-4790K - MSI GeForce GTX 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry guys ive been away from this and my hackintosh for some time now.

Some times, if your starting from scratch, just make sure all the motherboard settings are correct. If you're using a dedicated graphics card, then turn off your motherboards graphics.

I can't remember what I did when I got the "won't boot not in safe mode" issue the first time. But, let me know if there's any way I can help. I'll check this a little more often now....

Update: I was able to update to OS X Yosemite using the guide below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

To get my wifi working on both Windows and OS X I ordered the below PCI wifi card and love it. I had to install the drivers on windows for it to recognize it & it was recognized by OS X; I just had to enable it. Extremely fast......

TP-LINK Archer T8E AC1750 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RL4A314/

The only issue I have now is I can not get my audio to work. It works perfectly in windows, but nothing in OS X.

The only issue I have now is I can not get my audio to work. It works perfectly in windows, but nothing in OS X.

I have not had an issue with audio in Yosemite with the exception of maybe 1 out of 3 times it doesn't work on wake up from sleep but a quick restart fixes that. I simply use ALC1150 driver nothing else i have only been using the optical digital-out connected to my sound bar no issues I haven't used the other out puts in some time now but the digital has been reliable

Hey guys,

On the audio front: try shutting down the computer entirely (use the power supply switch) and then boot directly into OS X. On my machine, if I boot into Windows and then restart (software restart) into OSX the audio doesn't work. If I fully shut down, then boot into OSX it works.

I'm on a Gaming GT, so this problem may also be yours.

There's an app somoeone on TonyMac created that will restart the audio service -- I now use this to restart the audio after a reboot and/or waking from sleep. Works perfectly. I'll try to track it down and post a link, but you might search the site for it, as well.

It took me awhile to figure out that Windows was killing the audio in OS X. Hopefully this works for you.

Hi, i', mew on this world, and i'm just crazy with this Yosemite!!!
I have the same motherboard, by my audio doesn't work. after instalation, i use the last multibeast (where i can't find the intel 9 series option, just alc1150), and didn't works. I use the previous multibeast (for Maverick), and for a while it works!, but the computer freezer, and when i try to reboot i couldn't. the only way to reboot is with the ignore cache option, but if i do this the audio don't works. In verbose mode, the boot stoped in "missing bluetooth", or something like this (jejeje).
Very thank por your help!

Update: I was able to update to OS X Yosemite using the guide below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

To get my wifi working on both Windows and OS X I ordered the below PCI wifi card and love it. I had to install the drivers on windows for it to recognize it & it was recognized by OS X; I just had to enable it. Extremely fast......

TP-LINK Archer T8E AC1750 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RL4A314/

Hey Myster, sorry to wake up an old thread but I'm REALLY struggling with my TP Link AC 1750 wifi card on my build. I have the drivers installed in windows and it works as expected in windows (roughly 20 up / 20 down), but I'm getting TERRIBLE speeds in OSX (hangs around 2 up / 2 down).

Could you explain what you mean when you say you had to "enable" the card? I'm at a loss here, and there's only like 3 threads on this forum that mention this card >.<

Hey Myster, sorry to wake up an old thread but I'm REALLY struggling with my TP Link AC 1750 wifi card on my build. I have the drivers installed in windows and it works as expected in windows (roughly 20 up / 20 down), but I'm getting TERRIBLE speeds in OSX (hangs around 2 up / 2 down).

Could you explain what you mean when you say you had to "enable" the card? I'm at a loss here, and there's only like 3 threads on this forum that mention this card >.<

Same here. I have an Archer T9E, but I'm experiencing similar problems with the download speeds. Currently sitting at 9 down 50 up. Windows is showing 90 down / 90 up.

I'm facing the exact same problem - my T6E Archer (AC1300) works fine on Windows (20Mbps), but pathetically slow on Yosemite. The first speedtest couple of days ago gave 3-4Mbps... today it gave 0.3Mbps. My iPhone was giving better speeds. Something isn't right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back