Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Hasswell Refresh Z97X build: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT ATX - i7-4790K - MSI GeForce GTX 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you share your bios settings? :O
Thank you

I'm interested on bios setting since I'm getting random crashes whenever I connect a usb drive ( I am using same motherboard and your post helped me lot in the installation process)

sorry works been busy havnt been able to log on here regularly lol. ill get you my settings tomorrow night i have notice that one of usb flash drives causes the system to freeze its a 64 gigabyte pny drive i have two of thewse one is metal one is plastic the plastic one always freezes my mac and if it is plugged in on boot causes a panic so ive learned to live with out it lol

I'm in the process of building a new z97 rig right now. I bought a z97d-Gaming 3, opened the box, etc. But havent built it yet. Then i remembered, "oh ****, this has a killer lan controlled on it." and had a mini heart attack. But from your post I saw everything works with the Killer LAN. Thanks man :) Looks like a sweet rig you got there.

Just built a similar hackintosh today!
Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful.

My build:
GA-z97x-gaming 7 mobo
intel i7-4790k - not overclocked currently
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8gig DDR3
Gigabyte GeForce GTX770oc - 4gb videocard
CorsairTX850m PSU
Corsair Force LX 512GB SSD - boots into MacOS X 10.10 Yosemite
HDD 2TB - Boots to Windows 8.1
Bluetooth USB
LG DVD-RAM drive
External USB 3.0 2TB drive for TimeMachine
Dual DVI 1080p displays

Like you: EasyBeast worked for me, while DSDT free had problems.
I'm now reinstalling all my stuff from a TimeMachine backup.
So far so go. Sound and Ethernet work.

Thanks.

i thought i should share because i don't see any success with the Gigabyte gaming series boards and thought someone might need this.​

These boards are the recommended boards in the Buyer's Guide and yeah, so far I had no luck: random lockups and kernel panics. I'm a little discouraged. I will try one more time with EasyBeast as you suggested.

I am just curious as to anytime along the way using DSDT Free option did you get constant reboots without actually getting into the OS? I am also new at trying Hackintosh builds and currently at work but have seen a lot of good info in this post that I am eager to try. I have a similar setup, except I have a Mavericks Unibeast and everything goes smoothly up until I run Multibeast and then try to reboot. The rig then just goes into a constant reboot, barely showing the Apple logo with every thing flashing so fast I can't even read it! I really hope that the EasyBeast with the configuration options you show in this post works for me as well!

These boards are the recommended boards in the Buyer's Guide and yeah, so far I had no luck: random lockups and kernel panics. I'm a little discouraged. I will try one more time with EasyBeast as you suggested.
For the freezing, make sure of the following:
- Memory (make/model #) is on the Z87N Memory Support List and
- PSU is Haswell "ready" or "compatible."​

Another trick for the freezing...change the GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates flags to No in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. But, only do this if the freezes still continue after confirming your components are compatilbe. To get power management back, check out PikeRAlpha's ssdt generator in the SSDT forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/.

I checked FixUsb in Clover Configurator. The crashes stopped after that.
You find it in the Acpi section.

First off I want to say thank you for this post; it really helped me with getting my post installation done. I've built a few PC's & this is my first time trying to tackle a Hackintosh. My issue now is I can only boot in safe mode, and everything except sound works when i do. When i try to boot normally the attached message is displayed on the screen and goes no further. If someone could point me in the right direction of what I can do to complete my setup. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20150305_232120.jpg
    20150305_232120.jpg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back