Contribute
Register

Success! Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Mountain Lion Install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried MANY permutations and this board was extremely helpful!

Just an FYI- my graphics card is not compatible with 10.8.1 yet and as a result, I get crazy graphics, random lockups, and no suspend. Hopefully something will come out soon...I don't want to buy another card! I haven't yet, but I'm going to remove my card and use my on-board graphics.

Ahhh so that's where your issue came from. Well, at least for now you got it work! I'm sure there will be an update soon that will give you card support. Someone on here always comes with useful patches!

Yeah i'm running U1c. I wish i could offer some advice on what to try, but sadly i dont :(
That's weird though, Gig boards usually dont ever need the CPUManagement fix. Interesting, perhaps someone who knows more about it can chime in and help u out with that (not that its a big deal, but just for the sake of knowledge)

Ehhh, I'm not really worried about it.

Everything works flawlessly lol. So as long as it's running and giving me no issues I'm happy

I'm about to attempt this with trepidation. Will be back later...

Michaelj1003: if you haven't already, it's got to be worth trying a Repair Permissions in Multibeast?

Any luck on your install?

Your guide helped tremendously. I too had boot into ML w/ "-x -v PCIRootUID=0". Do you know what Rev board you have? Did you confirm that USB3 is working? I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get it working. Whatever I seem to do, I can seem to get either port working at all.

Your guide helped tremendously. I too had boot into ML w/ "-x -v PCIRootUID=0". Do you know what Rev board you have? Did you confirm that USB3 is working? I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get it working. Whatever I seem to do, I can seem to get either port working at all.

My board is Rev 1.3
Yes USB3 is working for me.

In multibeast under miscellaneous you check USB 3.0 - third party correct?

Glad this guide helped you get the rest of your system up and running!

My board is Rev 1.3
Yes USB3 is working for me.

In multibeast under miscellaneous you check USB 3.0 - third party correct?

Glad this guide helped you get the rest of your system up and running!

I did, the caldigit driver isn't working for me. i bought this board early on so i believe it's the first rev. i think i'll have to get a pci card for usb3 :(. also sleep isn't working for me either.

I did, the caldigit driver isn't working for me. i bought this board early on so i believe it's the first rev. i think i'll have to get a pci card for usb3 :(. also sleep isn't working for me either.

So far when I input an USB cable in my usb3.0 port it works but I don't have any USB3.0 devices to try. I have the regular F9 bios but will try this UEFI bios so I can get my audio working. It will briefly show the audio icon on top menu bar then it will gray out. Not sure how to get it back. Worked fine in Lion and SL. I have rev 1.0 board.

So far when I input an USB cable in my usb3.0 port it works but I don't have any USB3.0 devices to try. I have the regular F9 bios but will try this UEFI bios so I can get my audio working. It will briefly show the audio icon on top menu bar then it will gray out. Not sure how to get it back. Worked fine in Lion and SL. I have rev 1.0 board.

Yeah I tried USB2 on those ports. That didn't work either. I picked up a PCIE USB3 and ended up using that instead w/ the CalDigit driver.

@vettz500 thanks a lot for your guide!!! I struggled two evenings updating my perfectly running Lion system to Mountain Lion. I should have checked to forum earlier...
Only differences to your build are:
- i7 2600K
- 32GB Ram
- HD6850
- old bios, not yet jumped on UEFI

PCIRootUID=0 and deleting OemSMBIOS.kext were the key to success :)
Deleting the kext was necessary since I directly upgraded to 10.8.2

Now everything 'seems' to work: USB3, networking, dual screen with 2560x1440 on DVI & 1920x1200 on DP and overclocked to 4.2
The next few days will tell if it really works...

@zehnm

i'we been looking up a way to install Lion or ML on my board as well

i have same specs as you , UEFI BIOS set to AHCI, only 8 gb or ram and ssd is intel 60 GB

mobo ,and video same.

can u please help me upload the kext somewhere , and tellme what you'we deleted please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back