Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

There isn’t a complete guide for this, but there is a Sonoma mini-guide that you will find from the spoiler “Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides” at the top of Post 1.

Thanks, I think I found the guides I need. I'm actually not trying to do a fresh install of the OS, just OC and the config.plist/Kexts. Long story short is that my config.plist got corrupted by a disk writing error and my backup seems too old to work. The reason I don't want to do a clean install straight away is that I have a soft raid that I'm scared will get unusable if I don't boot into the same OS-installation. (see image for SATA raid enclosure used)

I have a couple of additional questions:
  1. Does this build support OC 0.9.9? (I'm on macOS Ventura 13.4.1)
  2. Are any of my ACPI, Driver and/or Kext files incompatible, redundant or missing? (see attached images)
  3. Are the latest version of vital kexts (like Lily, Whatevergreen, AppleALC) compatible with this build?
  4. Will the soft raid indeed be "deleted" and inaccessible if I reinstall macOS?
Thanks!

EDIT: I sort it. Post can be deleted.

Attachments

• ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Drivers.png
    Drivers.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Kexts.png
    Kexts.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
  • raid.jpeg
    raid.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
No worries. Configuring OpenCore EFI is quite easy as follows:
  1. Download OpenCore 0.8.3 EFI folder from this post.
  2. Inside the folder is a sub-folder named EFi
Hi there. I’m switching from clover to oc in mojave. I’ve followed the guide but when trying to boot from the oc menu I get the “forbidden” sign

Hi there. I’m switching from clover to oc in mojave. I’ve followed the guide but when trying to boot from the oc menu I get the “forbidden” sign
boot verbose, add -v to boot-args to see what the issue could be, take a pic to upload here

Sorry but I’m used to clover, can I set it through oc boot menu? Cause I’m not able to access osx anymore
cmd + v when you get to the picker and then press enter

may be alt on a windows keyboard

This is what I get
that means you are using a wrong smbios for the version of macOS you want to install

best to re check your config.plist

that means you are using a wrong smbios for the version of macOS you want to install

best to re check your config.plist
Alright I was missing that, I’ve set iMac19,1
Now it boots only in recovery mode, verbose gives just a few lines and immediately goes to Apple logo and slow loading.

EDIT
Disabled securebootmodel, I get this in verbose boot @Feartech

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've made a fresh install of Mojave following the original guide. Then again transition from Clover to OpenCore. Booting from USB drive gets me to Recovery mode (and, after running terminal commands to remove RC scripts, I cannot boot into Clover, anyway.)

Back