Contribute
Register

Success!! GA-Z87N-Wifi, i5 4670k, 760gtx CustoMac Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok got the ethernet to work, and bluetooth but still no audio thru HDMI. does anyone know if hdmi audio thru the video card is supported?

Did you get sleep to work on this motherboard? I am using the same ga-z87n-wifi and i7 4770k processer. Installing was relatively painless, this is the only problem i have. It goes to sleep, i move the mouse and the fans start up again, but the screen remains black. I have press the button to turn the computer off to fix this.

do you use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard?
Mine can wake up from a wired keyboard/mouse but not from bluetooth mouse/keyboard.
Also check on the bios setting for wake up from keyboard/mouse.

ok seems like audio is working from the mobo, still couldn't get the audio thru HDMI

advice? anyone anyone anyone?

ok got it up and running. app store is good, bluetooth is good after connecting the antennae and it picked up the apple keyboard, but its stuck in on position, can't turn off. audio is still thru the mobo, ethernet is good too.
Thanks to Tonymacx86. now i just need to figure out how to edit kext, text, plist etc and what porgrams to use and maybe soon I can get the audio thru HDMI.

ok got it up and running. app store is good, bluetooth is good after connecting the antennae and it picked up the apple keyboard, but its stuck in on position, can't turn off. audio is still thru the mobo, ethernet is good too.
Thanks to Tonymacx86. now i just need to figure out how to edit kext, text, plist etc and what porgrams to use and maybe soon I can get the audio thru HDMI.

You will find links for plist editing and HDMI audio towards the bottom of this page:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/

Adrian B

Hey pls...

steepstep how do I enable it? I only works in 8 and 30. (i3-4330T)

thanks

Hey pls...

steepstep how do I enable it? I only works in 8 and 30. (i3-4330T)

thanks
You could try using MultiBeast to redefine your system's System Definition. The default is MacPro3,1. Try, MacMini6,1.

However, I recommend you ask this question in the tonymacx86 SSDT forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/

You could try using MultiBeast to redefine your system's System Definition. The default is MacPro3,1. Try, MacMini6,1.

However, I recommend you ask this question in the tonymacx86 SSDT forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/

No lucky for me : MacMini 6,1 speestep is 8x or 30x

why i need the ssdt? I'm running on Gigabyte GA-Z87N WIFI + Haswell 4330T

thanks

...why i need the ssdt?
SSDT, not DSDT. SSDT does power management speed stepping do you get a range of processor speeds...if you need them.

I got my z87n-wifi build 100% compatible, with an i5 4670k

Took out the wifi card, added a DW1502. Native wifi with airport and airdrop.

Logitech Bluetooth adapter for bluetooth.

Using imac 14,2 smbios with ssdt for i5, turbo works on this smbios.

my gtx 650 wasnt doing power management without editing AGPM though. Once edited with the GT 640 keys, its now working perfectly.

So far, this PC is outperforming my 2012 mac mini by LEAPS and BOUNDS. Thanks to all here who have guides and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back