Contribute
Register

Success!! GA-Z87N-Wifi, i5 4670k, 760gtx CustoMac Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE DAY 3

....and in the third day, ETHERNET came back to life
don't know why, but Bluetooth is still refusing to accept Hackintosh as his Lord

Dear brothers and sisters, please help me to convince Bluetooth...

seriously ... any ideas?

:banghead:

I have a similar build, same MB, 16GB Corsair RAM, Onboard video, Samsung SSD 256GB.

All work fine so far.

2 things that may help:

1. NIC connections, i've read somewhere that they run on independent chipsets. If you've installed the intel drivers from post 1 and still don't have working LAN, change to the other physical port on the MB, or install the Atheros driver within Multibeast (above the intel driver).

2. Bluetooth - Have you plugged the bundled aerial? I left this disconnected, thinking it was just for WIFI and with bluetooth being at such close range, this was not needed - wrong! after connecting it up, I can now use my Mac bluetooth keyboard & mouse.

Perhaps 2 obvious solutions to some but no doubt easy enough to overlook.

Any questions, fire away and i'll do my best to answer them.
I've been building PCs for 20 years but this is my first Mac.

Cheers
Saltrock.

2. Bluetooth - Have you plugged the bundled aerial? I left this disconnected, thinking it was just for WIFI and with bluetooth being at such close range, this was not needed - wrong! after connecting it up, I can now use my Mac bluetooth keyboard & mouse.

... haven't feel so dumb in years....

***connects the bluetooth antenna***

THANKS A LOT dear Saltrock.

... haven't feel so dumb in years....

***connects the bluetooth antenna***

THANKS A LOT dear Saltrock.

Had the same issue! Hahaha. Had connected my antenna to test the wifi on Windows but disconnected it because I am using ethernet otherwise. Picked up a bluetooth keyboard today and couldn't figure out why it wasn't pairing.

Dear folks

it is all working fine now, managed to get Bluetooth and other minor issues without a problem... but a lot of patience.

not bad for a first build!

thanks to all for your support and help

Regards

Nando Mogollon

I have the same mobo, help needed to get audio, internet connection and bluetooth

thanks

I have the same mobo, help needed to get audio, internet connection and bluetooth
Did you read the original post? MultiBeast will provide the drivers for audio & Ethernet. The Gigabyte supplied WiFi doesn't work with OS X while the Bluetooth does work.

Did you get sleep to work on this motherboard? I am using the same ga-z87n-wifi and i7 4770k processer. Installing was relatively painless, this is the only problem i have. It goes to sleep, i move the mouse and the fans start up again, but the screen remains black. I have press the button to turn the computer off to fix this.

Did you read the original post? MultiBeast will provide the drivers for audio & Ethernet. The Gigabyte supplied WiFi doesn't work with OS X while the Bluetooth does work.

I use multibeast and checked intel for ethernet under network. still no idea what went wrong. same with audio. I use a graphics card and its working and from it i ran HDMI cable to a monitor with speakers

funny things is after osx mavericks installs and after setup, there is interent access but after using multibeast it broke the ethernet.

how do I undo the multibeast installs, i read its effect is additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back