Contribute
Register

SUCCESS - GA-H67MA-USB3-B3, i5-2500K - SL to Lion 10.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
callumogrady said:
Great write up mate! Exactly what I was looking for :thumbup:
Could you please test if dual monitors work? HDMI + DVI outputs at the same time.

the machine is not with me anymore, but both outputs worked with a mac mini definition from MultiBeast, so I don't see any reason why both would not work at the same time. My other display is an analog one so can't test further :(

TheCostaKid said:
What about the audio, have you got HDMI audio ? I have the same board and tried all available info to get the audio out of HDMI without success.

Also, did you get all the audio ports working with Multibeast ? I have tried many times, and done a number of fresh installs but the Applehda in Multibeast4 does not work with this motherboard.

HDMI audio was not in my scope as the Sandy Hack Mini required also much hacking.
The ALC889 Audio ports should work (didn't test optical) as they are fully supported in System Profiler (in multibeast Audio / ALC889 AND AppleHDA rollback are both needed!).

- I used UNIBEAST from tonymac to install 10.7.0.
- Ran Multibeast 4.0.3 with user DSDT

screenshot20111104at104.png

- Downloaded and installed 10.7.2 update (not from software update)

Everything works except:
- The sound is not recognized. (worked in 10.7.0 beta)

screenshot20111104at105y.png

I will try more.

screenshot20111104at105.png

Can anybody with the same board H67MA-USB3-B3 upload in the cloud for me their working sound kexts?

screenshot20111104at105.png

Thank You Much :)

Oh, and I needed to delete sleepenabler.kext from S/L/E due to kernel panic at boot.... Cheers!

ONE HOUR LATER...

Fixed:

- I went ahead and installed again the rollback, this time using the old MultiBeast-3.8.0.
- Deleted HDAEnabler889 from System/Library/Extensions (that was the problem I guess, kext conflict)

Now Everything works. I did not test the HD3000. No need.

I also built a Hackintosh with this Board and i5-2500K(with HD 3000), but still have some problems. I used Unibeast to install 10.7 and Multibeast 4.1 with custom dsdt and the driver selection u did, but the ethernet driver having some faulty behaviour. It works when you boot the hackintosh with connected cable, but changing Ip, or disconnect an reconnect to another network don't work. You always have to reboot.

Second problem is the HD3000. I only got it to work after installing some kexts i found at kexts.com. I thought it would run without installing drivers because of Chimera 1.5? Well now at 10.7.2 it works even with QE/CI, but sometimes i still get some annoying green lines. Should i try MacMini Definitions to get it work?

and my last question: Do i only need the sleepenabler.kext to get sleep and awake working? atm the hackintosh only sleeps, but never waking up again.

Oh and btw the system got a 9578 points Geekbench 64bit result.

darthvader007 said:
the ethernet driver having some faulty behaviour. It works when you boot the hackintosh with connected cable, but changing Ip, or disconnect an reconnect to another network don't work. You always have to reboot.

Yes I had that too. Usually changing IP is not very frequent, so I was content with it. I wrote to Lnx2Mac initially about this, but he said it shouldn't happen - write to him a brief description and send him the Debug version's logfiles, maybe he can help you further.

Oh and btw the system got a 9578 points Geekbench 64bit result.
Brilliant, thanks! :thumbup:

Hello I have your same configuration, but following the guidance unibeast the computer freezes on the apple giving me this error, how can I do to start the installation?

Attachments

• IMG_20111121_183627.jpg
    IMG_20111121_183627.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 680
Hey guys!
My first post on here after trawling through all the hackintosh info for the last few weeks, buying my system components (GA-H67MA-USB3-B3, 8GB RAM, i5 2500K and a new hitachi 1TB 7200RPM HDD) and putting this beast together, using unibeast, Multibeast 4.2 (Just came out the day I built my machine :) and then a few kexts which were mentioned in another post...

THEN...

I found THIS post! I can't believe I missed it! It's THE thread I should have been reading! anyways - I have just updated to 10.7.2 using combo update and found that it fixes quite a few glitches that my HD 3000 onboard graphics were having... The 10.7.2 update REALLY stabilised the whole system, it was randomly hanging before the update and now I'm yet to have a problem with it.

I had everything working great and thought I'd hook up the speakers, what... wait.... NO AUDIO!

Thanks to your post I now have it by installing the two mentioned kexts (tried the first one alone at first to no avail... the "HDArollback" did the trick!

Was rather un-impressed when I first installed snow-leopard on the thing (oh yeah, I DID go the snow-leopard path at first... but in the end I just scrapped it cos I couldn't "update" it to lion correctly so I uni-beasted lion onto the machine rather than update)
But, as tony mac said in his customac mini posts - you REALLY want lion installed if using second gen core i processors - this hackintosh is a LOT more useable than my previous snow-leopard attempt... intact being an owner of an actual mac I would say that snow leopard + hd 3000 graphics.... if you're doing that the way I was.... you would REALLY have the wrong impression of how a mac actually performs.

Now my computer is as far as I can tell on-par (perhaps better, time will tell!) than my macbook, obviously the processing power should EAT my core 2 duo 2.2GHz. I'm a total noob so I am a bit wary of installing kexts at this point but I want this to be able to use the hardware to its full advantage so I'm going down that road, time-machine in one hand and this blog in the other. Thanks for your post - it really helped me!

And, if you're listening, thanks Tony-Mac - you REALLY rock!!!

Strange, i have a GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 with F4. Installing MacOS 10.6 from CD and update to 10.6.8 is no problem, then MultiBeast with mentioned options was applied. After restarting an trying to boot from HDD, i immediatley get a kernel panic. Booting from HDD is not possible although booting from CD with iBoot makes no trouble.
Any ideas how to get system to boot from HDD? I'm close to give up...

System:
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Motherboard (F4)
2 x 4 GB of Corsair Value Select DDR3 1333 RAM
Intel Pentium G680 processor with 3GHz
120 GB Corsair Force SATA 3 SSD with 2 partitions of equal size (Win 7 & Mac OS)
LG BD Rewriter BH10LS

Did you use UpdateHelper? See last link in my signature block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back