Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] EVGA x58 EVGA x58 SLI 132-BL-E758-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your entire BIOS is not being reset, just your clock speed/voltage?

I have never tried to OC while using OS X but you may need to generate your DSDT.dsl while OC'd to retain the settings once in the OS. MIght be able to use Chameleon's Generate P States and C States to adjust on the fly.

So after some research it seams like the USB stick with lion might need to be reformatted and reinstalled.

The older bios makes my Win 7 install BSOD with bios defaults.

Did you install windows with AHCI enabled in the BIOS?

Nope. IDE.

DVD rom not showing up either.

So turns out that the older Bios has been causing the issue of Lion not installing. New Bios = Lion installing. Now going to try the dsdt.

The link to Airwalk's files is on a private forum, so there's no way to download it. Has anyone found the dsdt's anywhere else?

Thanks

@p8blr

No illuminati or secret-private about the forum - just registrate and voila the files are there for you 8^)

:eek: You're right, haha. But I swear that for the past few days when I tried to register it said that "this forum is private" Oh well, it works now, that's what's important. Thanks for your help!

hi all
i have a EVGA X58 SLI Classified 141-BL-E760-A1. can i use this method for installing lion ?.If not is there any other way to make it possible?.This thing equipped with core i7 extreme 975 processor and XFX HD 5970 Black Edition.any help appreciated.

I've installed my 132-BL-E758 using Easy Beast method. Most everything worked for me except my video card (GTX 465) in which I had to create an EFI string. Your card should work OOB.

Second issue was iCloud, App Store. I had to create an EFI string for ethernet and in my case fuse it with GFX string. Google and you should find the many topics about it. The only thing that is not working is sleep.

Make sure that you set the right parameters in the Bios. Those listed here work for my board, can't comment about yours. After Easy Beast you will only need the sound and ethernet (to get started). EFI string will come in to play at the end.

My rig is very stable and solid. After you get it all nice and functional, make a clone of your install with CCC.

Good luck. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back