Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post the options selected on the Multibeast. Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rajiv JAIN

Can you post the options selected on the Multibeast. Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rajiv JAIN

I followed this steps. Everything worked fine + make sure you check Drivers&Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC### otherwise audio won't work.

I'm having a problem with the mouse and keyboard, sometimes they freeze after boot and I need to reboot. I haven't pointed out what is the problem exactly but booting with -v seems to make things work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-780-3gb.html

Good luck, let me know how you get on

Thanks, Will try tonight and see how it goes. Hoping to get it working today.

Rajiv JAIN

Stuck on White apple Screen after first reboot GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Hi Dasdf, i have the same setup and using integrated HD4600 but i'm stuck here

20131015_151206.jpg
I5 4750
Ethernet its working , installed Chimera 2.2.1
Bios is the latest F8
Thank for the guide anyway but do you have any hint please?

Use the original post's MultiBeast configuration screenshot information for using MultiBeast as Dasdf got it right.

All you really need in MultiBeast is "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" (see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document for what's loaded) and your audio & Ethernet drivers. That's all. :thumbup:

Hi Dasdf, i have the same setup and using integrated HD4600 but i'm stuck here

View attachment 70004
I5 4750
Ethernet its working , installed Chimera 2.2.1
Bios is the latest F8
Thank for the guide anyway but do you have any hint please?
Try setting to GraphicsEnabler=No, or PCIRootUID=0, or deleting IOBluetoothFamily.kext seems to help if you're not using bluetooth.

I would really like to Thank everyone here for all the effort in posting this build. I have got my system working absolutely fine including audio. I followed the SquadSevens Build and can boot the system without any boot flags.

Rajiv JAIN

Currently the following is working fine.

a. Mail
b. iCloud
c. Office for MAC
d. ASfari/ Firefox
e. Skype
f. TeamViewer

Have not been able to get iMessages running still.

Any help on getting iMessages setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rajiv JAIN

Wow...so many posts. I wasn't at home the last days and had no time to check the forum and now there are so many posts!
First of all thanks to stork and carlosvk for helping the others and keeping the thread alive :thumbup:

@carlosvk:
  • Do you still need the MB settings?
  • Regarding your question about reverting a kext: This is possible if you exactly know which kext you changed and of course only if you have a backup as well as a running os to do the change. After a successful install I always boot into the installer again and do a clear copy of my installation partition so that I've got a fallback os running that has no changes.
  • And yes, Multibeast is progressive as far as I can tell. Whenever you want to change or add something just check that individual box, this has been working every time for me.

@microchip1974: The problem is not with your bluetooth but with your hd4600. Deleting the bluetooth-kext will not do you any good. Did you try booting with the -x flag into save mode? This should definitely work and you should then be able to boot up the freshly installed system. Afterwards you use multibeast (the newest version with chimera 2.2). After you installed all the kext and the bootloader (like I pointed out in my original post) everything should be working fine and there should be no further boot problems. IF you did everything like I told in my first post the only reason I can see is that you are using some piece of hardware I'm not using-->tell me what you are using so I can help you :)

Hi, I have the same case and motherboard. Did you manage to connect the USB ports and audio jack at the front? The cable to connect the USB ports seems to be one connector for two ports at once, while the motherboard only has connections for single USB port connectors, or did I miss something? Also the audio connector doesn't seem to fit into the motherboard's connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back