Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lucalang,

there are some known mouse lagging problems. One of the fixes can be found here here. I never experienced this myself, but I hope this one will work for you!

Hi Lucalang,

there are some known mouse lagging problems. One of the fixes can be found here here. I never experienced this myself, but I hope this one will work for you!

Do you have one or two monitor connected to motherboard?

I've got one Monitor connected via DVI at the moment, but I already tried two monitors (dvi & hdmi) and it has been working.

Hi Lucalang,

Doesn't work :( extreme lag

Hmm.. I'm so sorry, but I can't help you with this one. Perhaps you should post a new thread in the post installation forum.
If you get any answer there it would be nice if you would post it here!

Thanks in advance

OK, I'm off to the shop. This is my set up, I'll let you all know how it goes. Or if you feel like talking a look and raising a red flag is you see something wrong...

CPU Intel Core i7-4770K - 8 trådar / 3,5GHz (3,9GHz Turbo) / 8MB / Socket 1150
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H - ATX / Intel Z87 / Socket 1150
RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz SO-DIMM (2x8GB)
Case Corsair Carbide 500R - Vit (Ej PSU)
Power be quiet! PowerSupply (PSU) Pure Power L7 630W
Storage OSX SanDisk SSD EXTREME II 2.5" 240GB SSD SATA/600 MLC
Storage Seagate Intern Hårddisk Barracuda 2TB (64MB / 7200RPM)
Installer OSX SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Blade - Svart (USB 2.0)
WiFi TP-Link TL-WDN4800
GPU Gainward GeForce GTX 760 2GB
CPU Cooler Cooler Master CPU Kylare Hyper 212 Evo - Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / AM3+ / FM1 (Should work with 1150 Socket)

+ 10.8.5 Already owned.

Ah, and also a Wacom Cintiq 22HD :)

Do you know if the non-intel SATA ports work on this board? I think there are 4 Marvell SATA ports. I want to populate it with a bluray drive and maybe some hdds leaving the intel SATA ports for SSDs.

@carlosvk: Seems to be a good build! I just controlled your Powersupply, but the L7 series is haswell compatible so you should be ready to go!
@enraginangel: I'll have a look at this tomorrow and post my findings.

Hi enraginangel,

sorry that it took me so long, but I've been quite busy at work. The Marvell ports seem to be working, too. I connected a harddisk to port 6 which is one of the marvell chips and it showed up in the finder after startup. Due to a lack of time I didn't do other tests to measure the speed or something, but as it showed up I guess everything is working fine!

Just wanted to come back and say the system is running great, but I came across a huge problem not sure if your system is doing the same thing.

After the computer boots up perfectly fine then log into OS X, then system still works good there.

Here's when the problem comes, I guess after the computer goes to sleep mode, or display turns off and I come back it logs me back in and no problems there either.

BUT when I go to apple, then shutdown, the computer begins to shutdown and everything powers off fine, but then after a few seconds the computer begins to boot up again and it acts like I just clicked RESTART instead of system shutting down.

Anyone else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back