Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Celeri's "Silent Mini Beast" — Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600

Hello all,

first of all thank you to Celeri. Your USB Mapping works like a charm.

I use OC 0.9.3 and have updated to macOS 14 Sonoma Public beta.

The update with the apple updater did not work for me, so I've downloaded the full installer (dmg file) and updated the system with this one. Everything seems to work expect my Bluetooth. (I use the integrated Wifi and BT adapter from the motherboard)

I've also attached my Geekbench Result with my Intel Core i5 12400F Processor.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.23.07.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.23.07.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.16.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.16.09.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.43.48.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 16.43.48.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Nice write up!At the same time, how to replace the wireless network card with this motherboard?If you see trouble, answer it, thank you!(I am a Chinese and my English proficiency is not high, please forgive me)

Nice write up!At the same time, how to replace the wireless network card with this motherboard?If you see trouble, answer it, thank you!(I am a Chinese and my English proficiency is not high, please forgive me)
It is really not difficult: you have to remove the existing daughter card (2 screws), then remove the metal box that protects the small M.2 wireless card (2 screws), and then remove the wireless card itself (1 screw). After that, you just have to exchange this card with the new one and put it all back together (5 screws).

It is really not difficult: you have to remove the existing daughter card (2 screws), then remove the metal box that protects the small M.2 wireless card (2 screws), and then remove the wireless card itself (1 screw). After that, you just have to exchange this card with the new one and put it all back together (5 screws).
Thank! In addition, if I am not mistaken, the two screws that hold "the existing daughter card" are on the back of the motherboard, and the two screws that fix the metal box are on the front of the motherboard? If you see it, please reply, thank you!

Thank! In addition, if I am not mistaken, the two screws that hold "the existing daughter card" are on the back of the motherboard, and the two screws that fix the metal box are on the front of the motherboard? If you see it, please reply, thank you!
The 2 first screws are on the back of the motherboard, yes, but the 2 other are on the daughter card itself.

Hi all !
Has anyone tried to update to Sonoma ? Any feedback to share ?
Cheers :thumbup:

Hi,

I have tried running Sonoma in public beta about 2 months ago: everything was working fine, except for the WiFi module. Unfortunately, Apple removed its drivers in Sonoma.

Curiously, Bluetooth was working, though... But the lack of WiFi is enough to make you lose the specific Apple features such as Airdrop, Handoff, Unlock with Apple Watch, etc.

The community is working on a fix with OpenCore patches, and last time I checked it seemed to be looking good but not finished yet, so I will personally wait until this part is done before upgrading to Sonoma.

Hi,

I have tried running Sonoma in public beta about 2 months ago: everything was working fine, except for the WiFi module. Unfortunately, Apple removed its drivers in Sonoma.

Curiously, Bluetooth was working, though... But the lack of WiFi is enough to make you lose the specific Apple features such as Airdrop, Handoff, Unlock with Apple Watch, etc.

The community is working on a fix with OpenCore patches, and last time I checked it seemed to be looking good but not finished yet, so I will personally wait until this part is done before upgrading to Sonoma.
Thanks for your feedback, extremely valuable :thumbup: When you say the WiFi module didn't work, are you talking about the Intel one or the BCM94360NG ? I was planning to upgrade and hoping that the Fenvi should be alright...

Thanks for your feedback, extremely valuable :thumbup: When you say the WiFi module didn't work, are you talking about the Intel one or the BCM94360NG ? I was planning to upgrade and hoping that the Fenvi should be alright...
Unfortunately the Broadcom WiFi modules we use are no longer supported in Sonoma. This includes both PCIe cards and M.2 modules.

OpenCore Legacy Patcher does provide a workaround that requires disabling SIP. This isn’t too bad, but some applications may not work unless SIP is enabled.

Thanks for the heads-up @CaseySJ, do you know if there are some replacement M.2 modules on the market that work under Sonoma with all the "Apple features"?

Back