Contribute
Register

(Success)Asrock H97m Pro4 / i7 4790k / Gigabyte R9 270X 2GB / OSX 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have osx Yosemite installed using tonymac install guide. I am very new to this so try to dumb it down for me if possible down to which buttons to click. I'm running an ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, and I can't get Ethernet or WiFi to work. What does my MultiBeast setup next to be like?

I have osx Yosemite installed using tonymac install guide. I am very new to this so try to dumb it down for me if possible down to which buttons to click. I'm running an ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, and I can't get Ethernet or WiFi to work. What does my MultiBeast setup next to be like?
I recommend the following MultiBeast configuration for your motherboard:
Quick Start > DSDT-Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ALC892
Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosL1cEthernet​
The choices for your motherboard are based upon your motherboard's chipsets specifications (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M-ITXac/?cat=Specifications).

I don't recommend you use EasyBeast as (see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which comes with MultiBeast)
EasyBeast is for Core 2, Core i or Xeon systems with no native CPU Power Management.
Your i5-4590 has power management.

Hi…
I'm stuck with this MB (no dedicate graphic card).
Can somebody help me ?
=> Can't boot…

Kind regard.

Feel the need to add-on to my prior lengthy comments. Been running this system for a bit and have run into multiple problems. Have it up again now and want to share some thoughts...

1. Someone asked about Wifi - From what I've read, that's not going to work unless you get the dedicated card. LAN on the other hand works fine. I'm using the Intel AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0; or the closest thing available on multibeast. It's what is listed as chip set for my board. Stork mentioned Atheros. I don't know if some of the others have that chipset...

(The board referenced in the thread is not the same one that Stork mentions. This is why the Intel chipset for LAN is needed, not the Atheros one. See the following link for the Asrock specs page for the H97M-Pro4 Board ---> http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H97M Pro4/?cat=Specifications)

2. Interesting comment from Stork on Easy beast versus DSDT free. I will have to give the DSDT free a try. I am using easybeast and have had no problems I can see purely from that angle.
3. Now here's my BIGGIE...for this board to work you MUST use tonymac's Bootloader & /Extra folder to the EFI. I thought it was an SSD thing but just tried things on a standard drive and no dice. The bigger problem was that after following the steps I kept running into problems some time down the road. AFter a couple of restarts the system wouldn't boot and eventually not even with the USB boot drive. I also noticed that while sound worked with the ALC892 driver initially it seemed to get lost later on. After struggling with this for a while, it occurred to me, "why don't you just leave the "extra" /Extra folder on the main drive. Tonymac says it's not needed if you move it to the EFI but I wonder if in this weird set up it is?" Well, that's want I've done this evening/morning and it seems to work fine. Not to mention that I then have a fresh /Extra folder that I will reprep each time there is an update and then mount EFI and recopy it to the EFI. So sound and LAN all functioning right now.

As of this moment everything is up and hopping on my 256Gb SSD. Will watch and give update later.

PS. Stork, I have the i5-4670 clocked at 4.2Ghz. Can you help me understand how using DSDT free would be benefit over EasyBeast? Thanks.

Stork, I have the i5-4670 clocked at 4.2Ghz. Can you help me understand how using DSDT free would be benefit over EasyBeast in regard to power management. Thanks.
It's my understanding that the NullPowerManagement.kext prevents Apple's OS X from trying to institute power management, depending upon your System Definition. (DSDT-Free also doesn't load ElliottForceLegacyRTC & EvOreboot kexts as they're not needed for the 9-series motherboards due to the better BIOS.) See the MultiBeast Features document or at MultiBeast.com.

I see. Well I switched to the DSDT-free. It works fine. No particular improvement that I can see in general. I don't know if it's more efficient under the surface. Don't really have a way to check that. Sleep still doesn't work. Tried 'PleaseSleep' - Doesn't work for me. But that is nothing new. My hack's haven't slept since about 10.7:eek:

I just answered to a question about a VGA-connected display not showing any signal.
Try using DVI or HDMI... I read VGA is problematic - I seems to work fine for installation, but fails afterwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back