Contribute
Register

[Success] 10.8.2 on Asus P6X58D-E with GeForce GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the same Mobo, but have a GTX460. I've had everything working fine for a few months, and recently updated to 10.8.3 without any real issue.

The only problem I've consistently experienced, is that my computer will infrequently hang and lockup. When this happens, I have to do a hard reset. Since updating to 10.8.3, I've notice the occurrence rate for these infrequent lockups has skyrocketed. There are times when it doesn't even fully boot before it locks up; then there are times that I can use it for hours doing whatever (music, netflix, productivity stuff, games, etc) and it won't have any issues.

Any clue as to what might be causing this? It's seriously my only complaint about my hack at this point - and I'm not sure if it's limited to my setup or if it's something that happens with them all (I've considered just buying a new midline hack if it's something that's due to my setup - I'm due for some upgrades anyways!).

Thanks for all the effort you've put into this thread; been a super help.

I have a 570 working natively in 10.8.3 and was wondering how do you install that power management kext for the card? Can someone please walk me through it step by step? How much power do I actually save?

Installed ML 10.8 successfully but the Yukon kext in your zip causes my system to hang on boot and/or kernel panics too.

any ideas?

Great, cheers mate. Having the screen shot of MultiBeast + the actual version of MultiBeast you used was a great help.

Just to note though, using PCIRootUID=0 led me to a blank grey screen when trying to boot into the installer, but putting it back to PCIRootUID=1 fixed that for me. Also I had to set GraphicsEnabler=0 as I'm on a GTX670.

Great work though, thanks again.

Hello everyone, for some reason can not get past this screen, maybe my graphics are problematic, is a Ati HD5770.

It is prepared with Unibeast USB 1.7.0 and 10.8.3 ML

I tested with PCIRootIUD=0 and also with GrapicsEnabler=No

Nor continuous -x

I'm stuck here, any help?
Is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

New, I managed to install with Flag cpus=2

I have everything installed (thanks for the instructions and files), and to my knowledge everything is working, including sleep. But I do have one small issue; my i7 970 is shown as "unknown." Do you know how to make Mac OS recognize my CPU?

Great guide solarein!!

I'm having to redo my system because of an issue I ran into but the graphic that shows what options you selected in Multi-Beast is not loading. Is there a way you can repost or send me that image?

Thanks!!!!

Great guide solarein!!

I'm having to redo my system because of an issue I ran into but the graphic that shows what options you selected in Multi-Beast is not loading. Is there a way you can repost or send me that image?

Thanks!!!!

Same problem here, fix will be appreciate. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I need your help. I've had my system up and running with Mountain lion 10.1 but now I'm trying to get it up and running with 10.8.3. Even after a case of beer, it still won't work.:banghead:

I ran in -v PCIRootUID=0 to see what was hanging. These are the last 3 lines before the drive dark.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin : :atart - waitforService(resourcaMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
AppleTyMCEDriver :: start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

I have no idea what this code means, can you help me please?

My System:
P6X58D-E
i7 950
GTX 560 2gb
12gb ram

2013-06-19 10.02.46.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back