Contribute
Register

[Success] 10.8.2 on Asus P6X58D-E with GeForce GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide, thanks for the help getting Mountain Lion to work.

I'm curious, though, 48GB of RAM?!?! I've got the same Mobo and believed the limit to be 24GB.

Yep, I think the only reason Asus claims it can support up to 24GB is because when this board came out the largest single stick of unbuffered DDR3 RAM was 4GB. It supports 6x8GB sticks just fine. The processor in theory can address up to 64GB of RAM, although I don't know if the memory controller in the processor or this board would work with 16GB sticks when they come out.

Hi, why do you use "FakeSMC NVIDIA plugin" if "10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104"???

I have the same mobo and your instructions and attached kexts, etc worked perfectly. Many thanks! One question, i installed the PXHCD (version 1.0.10, enables USB 3.0 ports) Kext, but when i look at the hardware system report, I see USB high-speed Bus and USB Super-speed bus. Are one of those the USB 3.0 ports or should it say "USB 3.0"?

Hi,

My sound doesn't work on mountain lion 10.8.2, even though I followed your tutorial. Howerwer in the thread you said you uses a patched ALC889. Where to get it ?
Thanks

My system is almost exactly the same apart from the video card... I have an Nvidea GeForce 8400GS, also my bios is 0303...
Do I need to modify anything?

Mike

I updated the guide for Multibeast 5.2.1 and OS X 10.8.3. It's now much easier with Multibeast 5.2.1 since a lot of the issues in Multibeast 5.0.x have been fixed.

I also updated the DSDT I use to one that works with the Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext. This works with the patched ALC889 AppleHDA that Multibeast 5.2.1 installs.

Hi, why do you use "FakeSMC NVIDIA plugin" if "10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104"???

That plugin isn't a graphics driver, it's just for monitoring voltage, temperature, etc. I think that's now included by default in the new FakeSMC that Multibeast installs so I left that option off in the updated guide.

I have the same mobo and your instructions and attached kexts, etc worked perfectly. Many thanks! One question, i installed the PXHCD (version 1.0.10, enables USB 3.0 ports) Kext, but when i look at the hardware system report, I see USB high-speed Bus and USB Super-speed bus. Are one of those the USB 3.0 ports or should it say "USB 3.0"?

Yep, USB SuperSpeed is USB 3.0. System Information.app will still report that a USB 3.0 device you attach there will have speed of up to 480 Mb/sec, but that's just a cosmetic issue. You should get actual USB 3.0 speeds. My USB 3.0 external hard drive for example transfers at around 960 Mb/sec.

My system is almost exactly the same apart from the video card... I have an Nvidea GeForce 8400GS, also my bios is 0303...
Do I need to modify anything?

Mike

I would update that BIOS. I think 0303 is 3 versions old?

Everything else should work the same way except for the video card. I have no idea if you need to do anything to get the 8400GS to work, sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back