Contribute
Register

Stuck at white screen with apple logo; cpu/kernel panic maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did both of those things and still the same darn problems. I think I'm trashing this board and just getting a Z87x UD5h mobo. This has been just ridiculous. Thanks for the help though P1lgrim. You were the only person who actually attempted to help me, so thanks!

I just caught this thread, like you I had some issues getting my H97 board up.

I removed my video card, booted using the IGP, -v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and viola.

You have to set IGP in bios and take out the discrete graphics card, make sure you reset your bios to default after you reboot with no video card, sata to AHCI.

Did both of those things and still the same darn problems. I think I'm trashing this board and just getting a Z87x UD5h mobo. This has been just ridiculous. Thanks for the help though P1lgrim. You were the only person who actually attempted to help me, so thanks!

If you're still there - Try adding nv_disable=1 to your boot flags.

Good Luck

If you're still there - Try adding nv_disable=1 to your boot flags.

Good Luck

I'm still here. I got a defective GA-Z87X-UD5H mobo (no surprise it seems from the reviews...). I'll try that tonight. I can't find anyone else having such awful problems as I am. Everyone seems to be able to get through the unibeast installation process seamlessly--sometimes with no boot flags, except me.

If I may ask, what does nv_disable=1 accomplish exactly?
- - - Updated - - -

I just caught this thread, like you I had some issues getting my H97 board up.

I removed my video card, booted using the IGP, -v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and viola.

You have to set IGP in bios and take out the discrete graphics card, make sure you reset your bios to default after you reboot with no video card, sata to AHCI.

I'll definitely try this as well. But I can't promise it will work, because I have tried doing a unibeast installation off of integrated, and my display would just turn off before even getting to the logo screen.

I encountered the same problem using on-board video card. Did you have any luck fixing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back