Contribute
Register

Stuck at white screen with apple logo; cpu/kernel panic maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks you both for responding..

I have disable Turbo Boost and both times I get stuck when I boot with P1Grim's boot flags:

-v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No
GraphicsEnablerNo.jpg

-v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnablerYes.jpg

Seems that I get a kernel panic with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Alright thanks you both for responding..

I have disable Turbo Boost and both times I get stuck when I boot with P1Grim's boot flags:

-v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No
View attachment 99490

-v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
View attachment 99491

Seems that I get a kernel panic with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Take a close look at the first picture - It looks like you may have used npci=0x2000 twice instead of npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 and so the deadbeef error is back. It also shows GraphicsEnabler=Yes so you appear to have captioned the pictures the wrong way round.

Try -v -x npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Good Luck

Alright, I did just what you said to do and now I get this...

By the way, thank you for responding to the thread. I can't seem to find people with the same issue.

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Stuck, again... And this is just me trying to boot from the unibeast usb

Running out of options now.

You could add PCIRootUID=1 to your boot flags.

Ok - A little bit of research on the Gigabyte website shows that your 4790K processor is supported on your Z97X-UD5H but only after BIOS revision F7 - What BIOS version do you have ?

Update Link.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm having the same problem and my thread doesn't seem to be getting much attention. After running multibeast v6.3 I loss signal to my monitor during boot after the white screen with the apple logo. I installed maverick over an exhisting lion OS. Didn't have a problem till after running multibeast and rebooting. I can't even boot off the USB to try a fresh install now.

No worries at all. The more people we have on here, the better these issues can be resolved!

P1grim, I think you've just struck a breakthrough! My bios version is at F5 right now. I'm going to flash my bios and report back to you the results. Cross your fingers!

You still stuck at boot with the monitor loosing signal after the apple logo?

I sincerely apologize for the response time. I was out of town and could not look at the thread.

Nevertheless, I am still stuck at the logo screen, as you are.. Whenever I boot into verbose, I get stuck at the DRM status screen. However, something interesting occurs. I hear a "To start the setup in english, please press the return key" through my speakers after a little bit. If anyone on this forum can help us, it would be much appreciated.

IMG_1412.jpg

I don't know what to do next... I'm at my wit's end with this.

I sincerely apologize for the response time. I was out of town and could not look at the thread.

Nevertheless, I am still stuck at the logo screen, as you are.. Whenever I boot into verbose, I get stuck at the DRM status screen. However, something interesting occurs. I hear a "To start the setup in english, please press the return key" through my speakers after a little bit. If anyone on this forum can help us, it would be much appreciated.

In your BIOS disable VT-d and Turbo Boost.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back