Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you're using BIOS version F12 and the DSDT for F12 from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database.

You might try a full configuration re-load of the MultiBeast drivers. I had to do that on another of my systems because I've only been doing the audio updates from Mountain Lion 10.8.0, and I noticed that a lot of other kexts/drivers had changed since that initial installation. Backup first, though. :thumbup:
Thanks Stork the deal was really foolish, i removed my bluetooth dongle and now it shutdown and reboot properly.
also i tried to setup my internal graphics as enabled and i can boot on verbose and safe mode but i lost my usb ports and i cant boot on normal mode.
funny thing is that in safe mode sleep seemed to work as you said previously with my IGFX enabled but screen plugged to gt 640.
i setup my bios with IGFX disabled usbbus fix and everything its just fine again, i will try sleep without bluetooth and darkwake =0
any thoughts
regards Wolf
thanks for help

Thanks Stork the deal was really foolish, i removed my bluetooth dongle and now it shutdown and reboot properly.
also i tried to setup my internal graphics as enabled and i can boot on verbose and safe mode but i lost my usb ports and i cant boot on normal mode.
funny thing is that in safe mode sleep seemed to work as you said previously with my IGFX enabled but screen plugged to gt 640.
i setup my bios with IGFX disabled usbbus fix and everything its just fine again, i will try sleep without bluetooth and darkwake =0
any thoughts
regards Wolf
thanks for help
Stork= Genius, removed my BT dongle booted in normal mode darkwake=0 everything works again even manual sleep, just missing auto sleep.

do you think there will be an issue getting this build to work but with an HD 6950 / 6970? I currently have a 6850 / 6950 / 6970 and would rather be able to use the better card for when I boot to windows to game but if it meant instability or whatever I wouldn't mind using the 6850 or getting a different card. Other wise I have the same board and cpu. Suggestions/recommendations?

Look forward to trying to hackintosh this new setup and appreciate the write-up. Having something to follow and not do it blindly definately helps a lot.

Thanks

do you think there will be an issue getting this build to work but with an HD 6950 / 6970?...
Yes! Apple never supported the 6900 series of graphics cards.

I recommend you get OS X installed w/o a graphics card, using the DVI port on the motherboard. See my Zorro build description to see how to set up the BIOS and for the MultiBeast configuration for HD3000 Intel Internal Graphics.

Yes! Apple never supported the 6900 series of graphics cards.

I recommend you get OS X installed w/o a graphics card, using the DVI port on the motherboard. See my Zorro build description to see how to set up the BIOS and for the MultiBeast configuration for HD3000 Intel Internal Graphics.

Thanks for the headsup. I'll get this up and running and then get my 680 working on this hopefully. Any suggestions for dual booting with windows 8 option or is windows 7 easier to do....

Last question, sorry but I have the z68-ud3h and got a i7-3770k. Do you think I would still be able to follow your instructions? I know it calls for the 2700k but didn't know if having a different compatible CPU made a difference. Had a deal to upgrade the cpu and found out the motherboard still works with the CPU so opted not to upgrade the motherboard yet.

Last question, sorry but I have the z68-ud3h and got a i7-3770k.
Then you should post your questions in the General Help or Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum sections. This thread is for questions and comments on the system described in the original post. Now, that being said...

iknowmyabc said:
Do you think I would still be able to follow your instructions?
No, I recommend you look at the description of "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" on page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that came with MultiBeast or at multibeast.com. Short answer, select "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" and your audio chip driver (in the w/o DSDT category) and your Ethernet chip driver. However, you have another issue...

iknowmyabc said:
I know it calls for the 2700k but didn't know if having a different compatible CPU made a difference. Had a deal to upgrade the cpu and found out the motherboard still works with the CPU so opted not to upgrade the motherboard yet.
In your case, you know that your motherboard is a Sandy Bridge technology and your i7-3770K processor is an Ivy Bridge? The good news is that the two technologies can work together. but you will have to use modified kexts to make the Intel Integrated Graphics work. More good news (you're lucking out today) is that MultiBeast now has an option so you don't have to modify the kexts yourself. See page 5 of the MultiBeast Features document, under the Graphics heading. Now, in addition to the above MultiBeast choices, you'll need to add the "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Systems" option.

So, to summarize your MultiBeast configuration, I recommend you choose:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders
Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > With DSDT > (your Realtek chipset - see your motherboard User Manual)
Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Systems
Network > (your Ethernet chipset - see your motherboard User Manual)​
Before running MultiBeast, make sure you download the Z68X-UD3H DSDT from the DSDT Database; put the DSDT file on the Desktop and rename it to DSDT.aml. Then run the above MultiBeast configuration. Good Luck! :thumbup:

But, you know that the H series motherboards are not designed for overclocking?!

hi,

i have the same configuration, i had update to maverick with some problems to boot i had fixed without really know how, but my USB 3 doesn't work and after i sleep/wake the system, when i shutdown in verbose the screen tells that firewire GUID is wrong and at restart i must recover cmos from the "last know good".

have you an idea to help me?

thanks.

hi,

i have the same configuration, i had update to maverick with some problems to boot i had fixed without really know how, but my USB 3 doesn't work and after i sleep/wake the system, when i shutdown in verbose the screen tells that firewire GUID is wrong and at restart i must recover cmos from the "last know good".

have you an idea to help me?

thanks.
I've not updated Son of Zorro, yet. How did you update to Mavericks? Did you install with UniBeast 3 and MultiBeast 6?

MultiBeast 6 defaults to GraphicsEnabler=No. Did you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which is what you'll need for the 6850 graphics card.

Finally, I'm sorry to say I don't have any USB 3 peripherals. All my external devices are either Firewire or eSATA. I recommend you post your problems in the Mavericks Desktop Support forum section. BTW, I have upgraded Zorro from 10.8.5 to Mavericks and have an installation guide in the Mavericks Desktop Guides forum section; but, I'm using HD3000 on Zorro and have not used any Firewire devices execept an iSight webcam.

I well install Mavericks on Son of Zorro before the end of October. So, stay tune. Thanks for your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back