Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi stork, is your zorro and son of zorro running mavericks? noticed in your signature you are running sandy cpu. i have a 2600K needing a very compatible motherboard for mavericks and hopefully yosemite when available. how's the ga-z68x-ud3h in mavericks?

The Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H is the easiest motherboard I ever used as hackintosh system. Son-of-Zorro runs Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks (separate drives or partitions). Mountain Lion 10.8.5 finally got my 6850 graphics working w/o using several kernel flags to work. So, it will work fine.

BTW, Zorro is my production (go to) system. It now is running Mavericks 10.9.5 as the main OS X. It just works. :thumbup:

BTW2, for general purpose computing, it's still "snappy" when compared to my Thunderball and Zippy builds.

great! thanks for the update. now to find a used one

Although I have a test partition with Yosemite updated to 10.10.4 from the initial 10.10.0 release, I decided to do a fresh install on test drive using the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast. The installation was boring. :lol:

After the initial installation and before you run MultiBeast for Yosemite,
:ch:open the Security & Privacy Preference Pane in System Preferences, which is located in your Dock, and:
72633-security-pane-1.png
:ch:In the lower left corner, click on the padlock and type in your Admin username & password;
72634-security-pane-2.png
:ch:Click on the General tab if it isn't already highlighted;
:ch:Click on the "Anywhere" radio button under "Allow applications and downloaded from:" and
:ch:Close the System Preferences window.​

Now run MultiBeast for Yosemite with this configuration:
Quick Start > UserDSDT <---will ask for your DSDT location
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.3 TRIM Patch*
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7​
Here's the resulting MultiBeast Build configuration:
143509-mb7-4-config-soz.png

Note: The DSDT I used is from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database (see Downloads top of this page). I'm still using the Award BIOS, version F12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently noticed that I am no longer able to Wake on LAN from my phone or iPad like I was previously able to do. I use this to remote access my hackintosh sometimes. Since this is not something I use all the time I'm not able to pinpoint what caused it to stop. The only real changes I can think of that could effect this would be updating Clover (build 3241) and OS X (10.10.4). I haven't changed anything on my BIOS or any extensions or anything like that. I looked in Clover Configurator to see if there is anything new I needed to try that would effect that, but I couldn't see anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have UEFI on my board. Was wondering if anyone with the same board is having an issue in 10.10.4

update: I tried reverting back to an older version of Clover (3193) and that didn't help so I am guessing it has something to do with 10.10.4. Is anyone else having issues with this?

I can't help you as SoZ 1) is still using the Award BIOS, 2) doesn't use Clover, and 3) I don't use Wake-on-LAN. I'll see if WoL works later on today.

Stork,

What do your drives show as? I have a very similar system to you and my internal SATA drives are showing as external? I've tried 3rd party sata and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and neither make them show internal...

Cheers,

Dave.

Stork,

What do your drives show as? I have a very similar system to you and my internal SATA drives are showing as external? I've tried 3rd party sata and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and neither make them show internal...

Cheers,

Dave.
They show as external. I, too, tried reloading the 3rd party SATA and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector with no success. It also occurred on my 2008 Mac Pro using a PCIe adapter card for my SSD. So, I'm living with it for now. If you look in the Customization forum section, you'll find some threads that offer disk icons. But, changing the icon doesn't remove 10.10.4 classifying them as external. :cry:

i sorted that problem if your using Trim it shows up as Externel also if you have got IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext installed remove it from S/L/E fix disk permissions and that sorted it for me on my H61N-USB3 i wanted to use TrimEnabler for my SSD but every time i do my internal drives shows as Externel but try deleting IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and fix disk permissions to see if that helps you it worked for me but you can give it ago :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back