Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext in the EFI/.../kexts/10.11/. Try it there. Reboot.

If that doesn't work, check to see that your config.plist has the RtVaribles as follows:
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>
If not, set CsrActiveConfig to 0x30 and reboot.

If that doesn't work, then turn off Gatekeeper
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
spctl --status
Reboot.

If that still doesn't work, change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and reboot.

Let me know if one of the above works or doesn't work.
Thanks for the super quick reply!

I've been told in the past that it's smart to keep Clover kext injections in the "Other" folder, and to delete the rest, (as a way to keep the kext injections in one spot). I'll move my FakeSMC.kext and HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext into the 10.11 folder and see how that goes.

I've tried using the 0x3 CsrActiveConfig for other issues, and on my system, I'm only able to boot with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67.

Also have not tried turning off Gatekeeper. That'll be next on the list. Will update, thanks again.

EDIT:
- Kexts inside 10.11 folder did not prevent prohibited sign
- Disabling Gatekeeper did not prevent prohibited sign
- Will attempt changing CsrActiveConfig to 0x3

EDIT: As expected, changing CsrActiveConfig to 0x3 results in:
kyWuqX6.jpg

Take your time. I appreciate your quick and reliable assistance.

Last edited:
EDIT:
- Kexts inside 10.11 folder did not prevent prohibited sign
- Disabling Gatekeeper did not prevent prohibited sign

- Will attempt changing CsrActiveConfig to 0x3
0x3 is not as powerful as 0x67. So, if it didn't work with 0xa67, it won't work with 0x3. I'm not near my hack. Give me an hour.

Update: I can confirm that the HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext is in the Gene's /EFI/.../kexts/10.11/ folder. My CsrActiveConfig is 0x67 (I use TotalFinder which modifies finder), and Gatekeeper is off (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from: > Anywhere).

So, I'm stumped as to why your 750 isn't bootable. BTW, I only have the 10.11 and Others folders in my .../kexts/ folder.

Last edited:
0x3 is not as powerful as 0x67. So, if it didn't work with 0xa67, it won't work with 0x3. I'm not near my hack. Give me an hour.

Update: I can confirm that the HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext is in the Gene's /EFI/.../kexts/10.11/ folder. My CsrActiveConfig is 0x67 (I use TotalFinder which modifies finder), and Gatekeeper is off (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from: > Anywhere).

So, I'm stumped as to why your 750 isn't bootable. BTW, I only have the 10.11 and Others folders in my .../kexts/ folder.
Interesting.

In another thread, I've also shown that I'm unable to boot using the Intel HD 530 iGPU, (either using Osxaptiofixdrv, or using Osxaptiofix2drv).

This leads me to believe I have a bigger problem on my hands.

I guess I'll try to flatten and reinstall.

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:

Thanks @Stork Did the trick and I'm smiling :p

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:

I'm using a Samsung 950 Pro 256, I followed your instructions and the drive is recognised by the os, but for some reason I can't Erase the drive.
It says...
Unmouting Disk
Couldn't open device
Operation failed...

any thoughts?

Unfortunately, no, as I've never seen that problem before.

Hi,

I followed your guide and it works pretty fine besides one thing: audio isn't working.

The following is installed:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100 Series Audio

Do you have a hint?

Another question:
I found in pastrychef's build a comment to install “nvda_drv=1” via clover configurator. You guide doesn't mention it. Is it required or not?

Hi,

I followed your guide and it works pretty fine besides one thing: audio isn't working.

The following is installed:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100 Series Audio

Do you have a hint?

Another question:
I found in pastrychef's build a comment to install “nvda_drv=1” via clover configurator. You guide doesn't mention it. Is it required or not?
Re: Audio. That procedure worked for me. Try running MultiBeast for El Capitan again, just choosing the two audio configuration items (the two bullets above).

Re: Nvidia web drivers. I didn't have to add “nvda_drv=1” to the config.plist after I installed the web drivers as the drivers installed that boot argument in nvram and Clover picked it up.

Please provide complete details in your Profile and signature block.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name. By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

Thank you for your help. I don't know what is different. I used the same Multibeast config again. This time it worked. Now I've audio.
I also tried to update my profile...

Hi Stork,

Thank you for your help. I don't know what is different. I used the same Multibeast config again. This time it worked. Now I've audio.
I also tried to update my profile...
Good to hear you got your audio working. :clap:

Thank you for updating your profile. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back