Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running MultiBeast just selecting the audio driver (have you already loaded the 100 series motherboard audio?) and install. Reboot and you should have audio. If not then run toleda's audio script for 100 series motherboards found in the Audio forum section.

Running MultiBeast just selecting the audio driver (have you already loaded the 100 series motherboard audio?) and install. Reboot and you should have audio. If not then run toleda's audio script for 100 series motherboards found in the Audio forum section.

Ran Multibeast and selected the 2 audio selections in the Install instructions in this thread only. Then ran the script and got this without success:

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.6

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec

Realtek: 0x10ec0900

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem; FIX:

BIOS problem, set BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled

ACPI problem, try:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/

ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg/hdef

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem; FIX:

BIOS problem, set BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled

ACPI problem, try:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/

ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg/hdef

Do you have the following in your config.plist:

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 6.53.14 PM.png

Yes, I do.

Also, DCPI Manager does see 2 audio devices. (I have a headset plugged in to the computer too)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.18.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 10.18.02 AM.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Just reporting in,
used this guide (with minor tweaks) and this is an excellent board.
Also the audio injection allowed me to go from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 without a sweat. I wanted to switch to CloverALC and put the kext in the EFI partition, but no need.

Kind of sad Sierra is around the corner and have to do a fresh install, but I think I will hold off for now since this machine is so stable now. It works like my other macs I don't even feel it's a PC.

I had one issue, but that's my fault. I was upgrading the BIOS to the latest and it froze halfway, thankfully there's a BIOS flashback feature and got it up and running within half an hour. (The manual sucks, though, it shows the wrong port to put in the USB flash drive. You have to check the board for BIOS Flashback port).

Thanks Stork!!

Kind of sad Sierra is around the corner and have to do a fresh install, but I think I will hold off for now since this machine is so stable now. It works like my other macs I don't even feel it's a PC.
As I've advised users over the years, I don't recommending updating your production systems to a new version of the operating system until the .3 version update. (In this case, macOS Sierra 10.12.3.) This ensures the major bugs have been fixed, and it is a more stable system. However, if your system is your hobby, updating to the new version, when it's release, is always fun. :wave:

As I've advised users over the years, I don't recommending updating your production systems to a new version of the operating system until the .3 version update. (In this case, macOS Sierra 10.12.3.) This ensures the major bugs have been fixed, and it is a more stable system. However, if your system is your hobby, updating to the new version, when it's release, is always fun. :wave:

Ha, yeah I agree. Definitely not a hobby for me, it's for work :) (was going to get a trash Mac Pro instead, but couldn't justify 3-4 year old hardware purchase).

El Capitan 10.11.0 was fairly stable compared to Yosemite .0 and prior OSs.

I have set up a system where I install and get everything in order, check and triple check things, and then I clone the OS X SSD, and then unplug that SSD manually.

If ever anything goes kapoot on the main OS X partition, I can just switch plugs and get back to work :)

Also have Time Machine running on an internal drive to save anything work related.

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:
Hi, Stork. Your post is the only step-by-step guide I can find on getting rid of NVMeGeneric and replacing it with HackrNVMEFamily.

I'm using an Intel 750 AIC SSD, and NVMeGeneric.kext works 90% of the time.
I've heard that HackrNVMe is preferred over the old NVMeGeneric, and your post has helped me get the proper tools to create HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext.

While I boot with this kext placed in /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/, as instructed, I get a prohibited sign.
I can replace HackrNVMe with the old NVMeGeneric and I'll boot right up.

Any suggestions?

I have my HackrHVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext in the EFI/.../kexts/10.11/. Try it there. Reboot.

If that doesn't work, check to see that your config.plist has the RtVaribles as follows:
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>
If not, set CsrActiveConfig to 0x30 and reboot.

If that doesn't work, then turn off Gatekeeper
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
spctl --status
Reboot.

If that still doesn't work, change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and reboot.

Let me know if one of the above works or doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back