Contribute
Register

Stork's Batman Build: GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - GA 5770 "Batmobile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's 2nd Build - GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - Not SB

Wow! A power surge! Did you have a surge protector?

Nope. As I mentioned, something I had thought very little about. Maybe its time to invest in a small UPS unit with the necessary built-in protection too.

It must be murphys law - the one thing I didnt think about was the thing that killed my system.

:shifty:

Well, a further email from Gigabyte makes this even more interesting. They have confirmed from Gigabyte's HQ that they have no further stocks of the P55M-UD4 available anywhere worldwide..

They have offered me two choices :

1. P55-USB3

2. Z68MX-UD2H

I have messaged them to accept the Z68 model assuming it is the B3 model and the latest revision 1.3. Absolutely gutted they cant give me a replacement of the original board, but not a bad exchange when all said and done.

Ive looked at the Z68 boards a few times now and which model I would buy if I had to move to that range; the Z68MX-UD2H they have offered me is exactly the one I would have opted for.

So while not my original board, they have offered a fair and decent exchange, and it is reassuring to know it is well supported here too.

(I have ordered a reconditioned P55M-UD4 I found with an online retailer, though what will actually arrive is anyones guess right now. I dont have the same good feeling about this company as I do with my usual suppliers.)

Too bad you decided to get a used P55M-UD4. I was gonna talk to you about taking your i7-875K off your hands. Oh, well. :lol:

Well this online supplier is my last opportunity right now, so if that doesnt work out I probably will look to find a new owner for it. Im clinging on to that last bit of hope for now though!

:p

I know what you mean - the GA-P55M mobo's are best for Hackintoshing. If I didn't have too many computers now, I'd purchase a new P55M-UD2 on eBay.com for $80 USD. Would be good for backup. You might take a look at the UD2 if the UD4 doesn't work out for you.

Well, I'll be on the look out for you.

Ahhhh!

Peace is finally restored to my hackintosh universe once again.

The online dealer I found sent me a recon board; it turned out to be battered, the big blue/silver chipset heatsink was missing, a number of the CPU socket pins were bent. It looks like its been trampled on - not good at all. I'll never use them again and currently awaiting a reply to an email i sent them regarding this.

But,

I have been very lucky to find another one. It was on eBuyer.com, marked up as Ex Display. I sent for it rather rapidly before anyone else got it. Its arrived this morning and is in perfect condition. Its been opened and all, but the board itself looks great, it even has that smell you get when you first open a new motherboard from the anti-static bag. All the parts and original box are included too; all that is missing is the UD4 manual itself but I couldnt care less about that.

I shall spend the next couple of hours in total bliss putting my baby back together again !

:p

Outstanding! :clap: Good and Bad news in one post. :lol: that's great news. Hack on! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back