Contribute
Register

[Solved] LVDS full QE/CI on HD3000 (Toshiba R835/Z835 ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks for all your work!

On my Toshiba Z835 (i3), trying to boot Lion from USB.
Bought Lion from apple store, followed Unibeast instructions from the link (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html) and created a bootable USB. Then using Disk Utility to installed Lion on a 32GB USB. (i.e., ok upto Step 3.16)
When I install USB and boot Toshiba, instead of (step 3.19), I get
Intel Boot Agent GE v1.3.66
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
After I updated Toshiba bios, I still get this error:
CLIENT MAC ADDR: …….. GUID: ……
PXE E53: No boot filename received
PXE M0F: exiting intel boot agent

Would appreciate any help on what to try. I browsed all the BIOS screens, changed boot order to USB memory first. Is this because I used GUID partition table option on the USB to install Lion?

Thanks.
hardware: Toshiba Portege Ultrabook Z835 (i3 / 128GB SSD)
edit: using a 2011 mac mini with Lion 10.7.3 to prepare the installer USB

@__lio__

You sir, are truly a hero! Thanks to you, I got my internal screen working on my Fujitsu P771. Now I have a high-end core i7 hackintosh laptop with everything working with an amazing battery life of 6,5 hours.

How does OS X run on Z835? Wifi, sound ect.

I'm picking up my new Toshiba tomorrow, hoping to get this working on it.

Derix

I have similar problem on Asus Zenbook ux21e (with HD3000 onboard)
After DSMOS arrived i can see GUI via team viewer, but internal screen just stays with text.
I tried to use your code, but it just brought me to kernel panic, right after starting bootloader.
Can you check my DSDT and maybe suggest something?

If anyone needs it, here is how i solved it. To get LVDS working on Asus Zenbook ux21e (HD 3000) i had to
1. Use Champlist and get smbios data for mac that matches by CPU (i5 2467M), which is MacBookAir4,1 (not MacBookPro8,3 like everyone suggests for 0x8086 0x0116 which does not even give a black screen)
2. After applying that smbios data, chameleon would give me at least black screen instead of just hanging at DSMOS arrived.
3. Using this smbios data on Clover finally gave me an image on LVDS! Unfortunately with famous HD3000 artifacts and frozes. Even Clover version that solves the issue on N5110, didn't solve it on ux21e

I had to buy Monitor and use it with Chameleon to get rid of the artifacts.
Maybe some day i will try to merge DSDT of clover and chameleon and get a solution that is both stable and working on LVDS

Hi,

i tried the suggested things on mavericks 10.9 and can't compile the dstd...

can anyone help me with the solution??
internal display is black, on hdmi it works fine, even with 1080p...

Method from #8 worked perfectly on my laptop Samsung NP530U3B. I have built-in display, HDMI and brightness slider working. I just have to work further on built-in display backlight (I've always had low backlight when HD3000 is fully detected) and on TV resolution (I can only see the dock and menu bar in 1360x768 although several higher resolutions are available). Thank you very much!

Can someone help me to do the same with a Toshiba R830-14F with M Lion or Mavericks? Thanks....

Can someone help me to do the same with a Toshiba R830-14F with M Lion or Mavericks? Thanks....

Use Unibeast4/Chimera3. It injects the correct properties for your HD3000 automatically.

Use Unibeast4/Chimera3. It injects the correct properties for your HD3000 automatically.

Excuse me but after a clean Vanilla Install, I have everything working... Can you please explai to me how to do? I don't understand with Mavericks the steps...? With unibeas 4 what I have to do? I need chimera as bootloader? Because I have screen only on HDMI monitor... Not on laptop display... Sorry but I don't know a lot about mac os x... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back