Contribute
Register

[Solved] LVDS full QE/CI on HD3000 (Toshiba R835/Z835 ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Solved Toshiba Portege R835 LVDS full QE/CI with HD3000

pasha_infest said:
****. ! don't work 4 me...all i want is working HD3000~ :eek: don't know what this lenovo edge e420 want from me!?!?!?!?!) o_O

Do you get backlight to the internal display?

Is the video "card" recognized (does it appear in Lion's system info as intel HD 3000)?

neilhart said:
Now I have to move this from the external USB drive to the internal SSD.

Also find a fix for audio. Details details.

neil

If you have ALC269 audio, check the HDEF edits in my DSDT.

I use VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and audio is working.

__lio__ said:
[quote="pasha_infest":3dpfjrl0]****. ! don't work 4 me...all i want is working HD3000~ :eek: don't know what this lenovo edge e420 want from me!?!?!?!?!) o_O

Do you get backlight to the internal display?

Is the video "card" recognized (does it appear in Lion's system info as intel HD 3000)?[/quote:3dpfjrl0]

Yes, backlight is working and i can chenge brightness, and yes video card recognized - i'm share desktop via VNC. ...but Internal LCD is BLANK!!! :banghead:

see my attached DSDT...i have 4 Gb ram, so i'm change VRAM to 0x18 :crazy:

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    42.5 KB · Views: 254

pasha_infest said:
Yes, backlight is working and i can chenge brightness, and yes video card recognized - i'm share desktop via VNC. ...but Internal LCD is BLANK!!! :banghead:

This means the display is fixable, now we have to find the correct code for you.

If under VNC the resolution is good, that means the override is working, you just have to modify some other code, like the Duallink part. You have three cases:

AAPL00 or AAPL01 or @0, Duallink. Please try each of them and report back.

If the resolution is not good, then the EDID part is not working.
As you mentioned previously a white screen with two EDIDs, maybe you can try @0, override-no-edid and see if it is working.

__lio__ said:
[quote="pasha_infest":m8gjpl7g]

This means the display is fixable, now we have to find the correct code for you.

If under VNC the resolution is good, that means the override is working, you just have to modify some other code, like the Duallink part. You have three cases:

AAPL00 or AAPL01 or @0, Duallink. Please try each of them and report back.

If the resolution is not good, then the EDID part is not working.
As you mentioned previously a white screen with two EDIDs, maybe you can try @0, override-no-edid and see if it is working.[/quote:m8gjpl7g]

here we go! try all of three cases:
AAPL00 or AAPL01 or @0, Duallink.

AAPL try already....so with AAPL01 Duallink and AAPL01,override-no-edid - i got BLUE SCREEN ...so maybe i'm close....

update: with AAPL01 Duallink and @0,override-no-edid - BLACK SCREEN
SO what now? :rolleyes:

pasha_infest said:

AAPL try already....so with AAPL01 Duallink and AAPL01,override-no-edid - i got BLUE SCREEN ...so maybe i'm close....

What about AAPL01 Duallink and AAPL00, override-no-edid?

__lio__ said:
[quote="pasha_infest":2wtxlwez]

What about AAPL01 Duallink and AAPL00, override-no-edid?[/quote:2wtxlwez]

BLACK SCREEN....hmm...so i think AAPL01,override-no-edid is best what i had 4 NOW...

this is terrible ..... :cool: :lol:

pasha_infest said:
[quote="__lio__":1kd1ogw8][quote="pasha_infest":1kd1ogw8]

What about AAPL01 Duallink and AAPL00, override-no-edid?[/quote:1kd1ogw8]

BLACK SCREEN....hmm...so i think AAPL01,override-no-edid is best what i had 4 NOW...

this is terrible ..... :cool: :lol:[/quote:1kd1ogw8]

Let's summarize what we know this far (please correct me if I get something wrong):

AAPL01, Duallink, AAPL01 override-no-edid = blue screen -
AAPL , Duallink, AAPL01, override-no-edid = ? black screen?
anything else = black screen
You said that you can change the brightness.

if this is true, it seems that for your laptop the LVDS is the 01 device, therefore you have to change to 01, I suppose.

Two more tests. if nothing works I give up.

Test one:

Change AAPL00 for the code below to AAPL01 in your current DSDT, while keeping the AAPL01, Duallink and AAPL01, override

Code:
                            "AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08
                            },

Test 2.)

insert the AAPL01 containing codes as well (to have 2 of each)

Code:
                           "AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08
                            },
                            "AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08
                            },

so nothing... :eek: maybe i sold out this laptop :twisted:

Hi,
I've been trying to get the display working to no success...Can you give me some help on the install process? I have the R835-p55X

So far I use xMove to install 10.7.3. Booting with -s to rename AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. This lets me boot into lion.

I used your DSDT with multibeast DSDT option, but still had to disable the power management kext or else I got a kernel panic....Which multibeast option should I use?
Also, when I used DSDTSE to extract and add the code you provided, I got a compile error. I saw that my EDID and other things seem the same as in the DSDT you provided, so I used that (the LVDS1_working_bright.dsl).

Upon naming back AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext back and running kext utility, the SNB framebuffer still doesn't load...

Also, I tried installing some kexts for the touchpad and kb (the multibeast ones made the touchpad appear as a mouse) but replacing the ones in S/L/E, and broke my keyboard/touchpad entirely. Whats the proper way to install kexts? Drag onto kext utility?

Could someone guide me through the post install multibeast process and the process to get graphics working in some detail after disabling AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back