Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Win7 installation that I would really not like to reinstall. It's residing on its own sata drive.

I have Snow Leopard on a separate drive that is booting through multibeast. (I tried Chameleon but had troubles and went back to multibeast.)

I'm hoping that there is some way to "add" Win7 as an option in the multibeast boot loader??

Re: Dual-boot SL and Win7, Win7 is already installed on 2nd hdd

Just connect both HDD and set boot from OS X HDD. Chimera will automatically recognized both operating system and you can choose which start of them

Hmm, that's exactly what I did but it showed no option for windows in the bootloader and booted by default into OSX. The windows drive showed up fine in OSX.

The Weez said:
Hmm, that's exactly what I did but it showed no option for windows in the bootloader and booted by default into OSX. The windows drive showed up fine in OSX.
you can do either of 2 things: run MultiBeast and install instant menu or open com.apple.boot.plist in text edit and change the timeout value to 0.

Either one will stop the boot and allow you to see icons for booting SL or Win7.
Note that Win7 boots from the System Reserved icon, not the Windows NTFS icon.

Going Bald said:
[quote="The Weez":2zigqsaq]Hmm, that's exactly what I did but it showed no option for windows in the bootloader and booted by default into OSX. The windows drive showed up fine in OSX.
you can do either of 2 things: run MultiBeast and install instant menu or open com.apple.boot.plist in text edit and change the timeout value to 0.

Either one will stop the boot and allow you to see icons for booting SL or Win7.
Note that Win7 boots from the System Reserved icon, not the Windows NTFS icon.[/quote:2zigqsaq]

Or if you don't want the instant menu then just press a key when the countdown bar shows up. This will take you to the menu where you can select either operating system. Otherwise, after the countdown is finished, it defaults to Mac OS X.

Well carp, it was even easier than I expected. I hit a key in the bootloader screen and my winders instl showed up, boots fine. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back